any thoughts on the diet book " The Thin Commandments"?

Options
I will just begin by saying, I've always been a bit skeptical about diet books in general...so of course when I saw this one I was no different. I am currently three chapters in and am impressed with the different approach presented, but I'm wondering has anyone ever read this book and stuck with it? Did it really help?

Replies

• puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it.. whats the new approach? I always get suckered in to new books.. I
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    The new approach...or atleast new to me is to think historically not caloricaly. Meaning, to think about your own personal history with food, your cravings,culture,family food habits etc... instead of thinking just about the food itself.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Like for instance, I LOVE icecream! And could probably sit down and eat a whole carton if left to my cravings...Yikes! Basically the Dr. So far has said that since historically I have a love/hate relationship with icecream I need to prepare myself and plan ahead for the situations when that craving hits. Have an alternative snack ready or if it has the potential to totally derail my weight loss efforts...avoid it completely.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! That info sounds about right... Sounds like to me it is a common sense approach!!!! Let us know how it goes!!