GAH!! Temptation!!!!

Options
I have to drive 1 hour to and from work/school everyday... and let me tell you... after driving to work at 6 this morning, working an 8 hour shift, going to school till 730, and driving the hour home.... it was REALLY hard to not just stop at some fast food joint, to get some food, so i could go home, and go straight to my bed to lay there till i passed out.... But i fought the urges, and came home, grilled up some chicken and heated up some veggies, and had some mandrin oranges..... Then finished all but typing up my english homework... It feels good to not let the small stuff get to me.. but i have a feeling that this will not be the only day i want to give up! Trying to keep strong! i feel sorta defeted that only a week into this, i was already feeling tempted... But at least i didnt... there is my silver lining!

however, any thoughts, ideas? words of encouragement! lol

Replies

• k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bring healthy snacks with you to eat. Maybe it will be less tempting?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have an hour and a half drive to work each way - I go past 7 McDonalds, 3 KFC, 2 Red Rooster and countless other fast food places (pizza, fish and chips, you name it, I go past it!!). I never resisted the urge before - which is how I got the size I am. Now I make sure I have a muesli bar, a big bottle of water and a small tub of M&Ms (only 20 pieces - i count them out every day) in my car each night. I have sweet, I have salty, I have water. I don't NEED anything else. Quite often, I don't eat anything, but knowing that it's there makes me stop fantasising about what I'll eat...

Then I get home (I live across the road from the supermarket which is VERY tempting) but I have generally worked out what I'm having and stick to it for dinner. It's tough - but I put it down as a small victory each night I make it home without pulling in to anything.
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Definitely don't feel defeated. I think the first few weeks are the hardest. It takes time to mentally make such drastic changes.
  • lizrangel76
    Options
    The first week is always hard, but good for you for not giving into the temptation. It gets easier. Good luck in your journey and keep up the good work.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Remember to celebrate those little steps. One suggestion I have is to try and create menus fior the week. When I was busier and doing the school work thing I would try to pick one day to cook as much for prep for the week as possible. You can create your own healthy frozen dinners that make it quicker on those days it would be so much easier to fall into bedwith fast food.