Garmin Forerunner 310XT with HRM for swimming

Options
Garmin Forerunner 310XT with HRM
Has anyone tried this? I am going to be swimming a lot because of ankle problems. I am thinking of buying this. I am addicted to my HRM! It pretty pricey but maybe it will be my half way goal gift to my self!

Replies

• dylanco
    dylanco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that hrm's don't work underwater. Be sure if this is important to you.
  • prettysmart
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it. if you want it to track your distance for swimming you will be disappointed. IT doesn't have the technology to tracek your GPS when underwater - even if just a few feet. But if you are lookning to use it to track laps, time, heart rate, calories, etc you will be happy.

The other sports - running and bicycling it works perfectly!! I have rode in even very remote areas and had my time andndistance tracked!! I am a fan
  • prettysmart
    Options
    I feel I must be totally honest in that I have used garmin products for many years and this was a 'present' to myself for completion of a race... I super love it
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, it the GPS doesn't work underwater. It's not Garmin's fault. Even the US Navy can't use GPS for it's subs that are under water without lifting an antennae out of the water first. But the HRM should work great. It is completely waterproof though.

If you put it under a swim cap on the back of your head, it could possibly work quite well, depending on your swimming form.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Bump. I've been wondering about this...putting it on my Christmas wish list already, lol.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    The Garmin Ant+ HRM doesn't work underwater either.