Hello! And, goodbye to some clothes...

gnu1971
gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Today is the first day of my 2nd week here - just getting to saying "hello" now, but I have been really enjoying this site. Thanks to everyone who shares and supports.

Said goodbye to all my 22-24/3x clothes yesterday (and a couple of size 26 and 26/28 that I was clinging to because I really like them and/or wore them over my swim clothes) and totally organized my closet, and the hall closet and our "odds and ends" closet. I'm keeping some size 22 pants because they fit - for now. Some of my size 20 pants are still snug, but I wore my new brown jeans on Thursday and one of the people I swim with noticed my weight loss in those jeans. That was cool. Probably the coolest thing though, erm...two things - #1, I can almost button a Victoria Secret night shirt that I got years ago as a gift (size L) and #2, I can start wearing concert Ts I bought years ago, which is great since yesterday I gave away most of my previous "everyday" Ts.

Replies

• gnu1971
    Today is the first day of my 2nd week here - just getting to saying "hello" now, but I have been really enjoying this site. Thanks to everyone who shares and supports.

Said goodbye to all my 22-24/3x clothes yesterday (and a couple of size 26 and 26/28 that I was clinging to because I really like them and/or wore them over my swim clothes) and totally organized my closet, and the hall closet and our "odds and ends" closet. I'm keeping some size 22 pants because they fit - for now. Some of my size 20 pants are still snug, but I wore my new brown jeans on Thursday and one of the people I swim with noticed my weight loss in those jeans. That was cool. Probably the coolest thing though, erm...two things - #1, I can almost button a Victoria Secret night shirt that I got years ago as a gift (size L) and #2, I can start wearing concert Ts I bought years ago, which is great since yesterday I gave away most of my previous "everyday" Ts.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    great start!! Congrats! Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    doesn't that feel great....
  • gnu1971
    (yes, it feels great!)

I guess I should say that I've been working on getting healthier since the middle of June of this year, and that accounts for the change in pants size.

I've struggled with my weight pretty much all of my life; I'm now at an age (37 tomorrow) where I'm most concerned about having a higher quality of life when I get old. Being here is the next step.

Thanks again!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Awesome! Way to go! Remember how good you feel now! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    (yes, it feels great!)

I guess I should say that I've been working on getting healthier since the middle of June of this year, and that accounts for the change in pants size.

I've struggled with my weight pretty much all of my life; I'm now at an age (37 tomorrow) where I'm most concerned about having a higher quality of life when I get old. Being here is the next step.

Thanks again!

Happy birthday a day early!
    I think most of us here have also struggled with our weight all our lives too. But, thanks to MFP, I think my struggling days are over with! This site REALLY, REALLY works! You WILL lose the weight that you want to here, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
  • Congratulations!! ( oh, and Happy Birthday!) :bigsmile:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    congrats and happy early birthday :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.