Best dinner ever!

agent_popsicle
agent_popsicle Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
So I'm new here! Er, kinda. But I've been doing really, really well for the past three weeks and I feel fantastic!

But the real reason for this post is the dinner I just had. I was in the mood for a HUGE meal. Like, I literally wanted to sit down and down two plate fulls of food. The binge monster was so trying to get me. But I prevailed! I went to the grocery store and bought a ton of lettuce and all sorts of different veggies (onions, cucumber, zuchinni, green and yellow and red peppers, iceburg lettuce, spinach, etc.) and filled a huge bowl with them. After I tossed my salad I added a third of a breast of grilled chicken I had leftover and about 1/4 cup of cold pesto pasta I had left over. Didn't even need any salad dressing. It was by far the most satisfying meal I've had in ages! And it was only 400 calories.

So what do you guys eat when you have that urge to devour? I've got a friend who makes huge bowls of veggie soup that sound fantastic.

Replies

• So I'm new here! Er, kinda. But I've been doing really, really well for the past three weeks and I feel fantastic!

But the real reason for this post is the dinner I just had. I was in the mood for a HUGE meal. Like, I literally wanted to sit down and down two plate fulls of food. The binge monster was so trying to get me. But I prevailed! I went to the grocery store and bought a ton of lettuce and all sorts of different veggies (onions, cucumber, zuchinni, green and yellow and red peppers, iceburg lettuce, spinach, etc.) and filled a huge bowl with them. After I tossed my salad I added a third of a breast of grilled chicken I had leftover and about 1/4 cup of cold pesto pasta I had left over. Didn't even need any salad dressing. It was by far the most satisfying meal I've had in ages! And it was only 400 calories.

So what do you guys eat when you have that urge to devour? I've got a friend who makes huge bowls of veggie soup that sound fantastic.
  • Sounds great!! Good for you for avoiding your temptations.:flowerforyou: I actually just started yesterday morning and last night I had a large salad for my binge as well. This evening it was a veggie tray, cucumbers, tomatoes, cauliflower, etc. I sooooo wanted some Veggie dip!!! Fortunately I didn't have any in the house. :laugh:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Homemade vegetable soup for me. As a matter of fact I'm making some tomorrow! Jackie
  • Sounds good!

I do the same thing when I want a lot of food, I fill up on veggies and fruits, and whole grains. I LOVE making big salads or stirfrys with every vegetable I like, lol. Just a little seasoning goes a long way.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Rio salad from Rio wrap. It's a huge salad and I often feel very stuffed when I am done. Sadly it's not THAT low of calories due to the dressing and I HATE the low cal dressing they have so I would rather the regular. Plus when I have it it is because I have enough calories to eat it, and all the veggies and chicken in it must count for some good to balance out the higher calorie dressing. Mmmm, I want one now.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Not trying to offend any one, but I eat alot of venison. I love venison chili. Venison has loads of protein and not much else.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    when I want to binge, I eat soup, salad, or make breakfast.
    2 eggs, 3 sausage and 3 bacon.

sometimes I will eat a lot of steamed shrimp with veggies and hidden valley dip....
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Homemade vegetable soup for me. As a matter of fact I'm making some tomorrow! Jackie

lol thats funny. im making some today ,, leek & potato soup.. i always end up with a big bol of soup for less then 100 cal...

im not big on cold veggies,, so homemade soup is my thing !!!!!!!!!! and sooo satisfying too !!
  • oh i LOVE LOVE LOVe rio wraps salad.. i usually split it w/Dh .. and dont add the tortilla chips.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    I will eat either pickles or pretzels. They curb my appetite when i get that feeling.
This discussion has been closed.