belly fat?

Options
Any ideas on how to blast this belly fat away?

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    you can't target a specific area, it's not possible, it boils simply down to a Clean diet and a good work out.

What is your diet like and what exercise plan are you doing?
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    bump!
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    As been said cant tagret one area.

Ive found full body circuit training and strength training has helped my body overall but recuded my stomach alot.
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you can't target a specific area, it's not possible, it boils simply down to a Clean diet and a good work out.

What is your diet like and what exercise plan are you doing?

Well I do zumba 3 days a week, 30 day shred, treadmill and bike, haven't started any weights as of yet not sure where to start!
    As far as diet trying to cut out sugar, I drink LOTS of water and maybe some Arizona green tea, i'm new and just started this whole esting healthy and excerise!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    the typical answer..cant target or spot reduce. the only thing you can do is lose more fat...etc. its true.

to get a flat stomach women have to be at least under 15% body fat.
  • lannahgirl
    Options
    the typical answer..cant target or spot reduce. the only thing you can do is lose more fat...etc. its true.

to get a flat stomach women have to be at least under 15% body fat.

Ok well how do you get rid of fat, I know excerise and diet but is there something I should do more than the other as far as excerise? Like should I be running more or swimming not sure yet still felling my way around the whole excerise!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    OK lanna, the workouts seem to be ok, but you should mix it up...

say like tread mill.... 20 min at a fast rate, 45 min at a HIIT rate, and 60 min at a slower pace.

Confusing the muscles of the body is a big key, because your body willa djust to a routine after a bit of time.

If you wish to get into strength training, I recommend the book, New Rules of Lifting for Women, its available on Amazon, they offer advice and a work out program to follow which has worked for my wife.

Eating healthier is really the key and continue to exercise.

My stomach is also my biggest issue, but I know it will take time for it to shrink as I got hrough the process of eating less, eating healthier, and working out.

Just stay the course, remember it is impossible to target one area, you will never have big arms like Popeye, in order to lose the fat, a full body work out is a must.

Also for the stomach, your back muscles are just as important as your abs, they work together for your core....think of ying yang...that is how the whole muscle structure works.

I hope I made sense for ya!
  • lannahgirl
    Options
    Thanks Melloga!
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have you tryed some pilates? I know they work the muscles under the belly fat and since it kicks my butt work out wise it burns some of the fat too. And if your drinking any kind of carbonated drinks stopping them makes it go down a bit too. I need to get back into not drinking sodas so mine will go down a bit. Good luck hope this helped a little.
  • lannahgirl
    Options
    Have you tryed some pilates? I know they work the muscles under the belly fat and since it kicks my butt work out wise it burns some of the fat too. And if your drinking any kind of carbonated drinks stopping them makes it go down a bit too. I need to get back into not drinking sodas so mine will go down a bit. Good luck hope this helped a little.

I haven't tried pilates yet, I be meaning to, the classes start too early in the am I get off work at 8am but since the kids are out and I don't have to get them off to school I can make the 9am class but I been cut out the soda drinking i'm only drinking water and sometime Aziona green tea!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pilates is ace, I still burn around 200 calories a session and my stomach aches for a day after. It works defo.
  • rachpiper720
    rachpiper720 Posts: 204
    Options
    Significantly reduce your carbs from bread and sugar, do body weight exercises that engage the whole body, and do high intensity interval training. This method has worked way better for me than what I was doing before (everything in moderation and lots of cardio).
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    Pilates is ace, I still burn around 200 calories a session and my stomach aches for a day after. It works defo.

do you recommend any pilates dvds?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Cardio!