All the Amazing People click here & Introduce themselves.

Options
All of you should have clicked here because you are all amazing! Good morning! Well today is my big inventory prep and I am in the midst of a day that started off (several hours ago) looking like a 15 hour day and now seems like it may be a 20 hour day. So I am taking a few minutes for my sanity. I am not new to this site. I have logged in faithful everyday for almost a year and a half. But I thought it would be cool to do an intro thread and see find out about everyone else.

Name: Ed

Ht: 5’8

Hair: Brown, short & spiky. Eyes: Brown

Starting weight: 260 Current Weight: 185 (last I checked, been on maintence for quite a while)

Status: Divorced with full custody of two amazing & beautiful kids. I am not seeing anyone and have no plans to date. My focus is on the kids.

Job: Grocery Store Manager (though I would love to own my own ranch one day)

Why I chose my screen name: I was (and in my heart will always be) a soldier. And of course I am also a dad. Being a dad is the most most important thing in my life. I almost went with the screen name CowboyDad. My old screen name was KnightofGod.

My style: I like wearing boots, black jeans, tees or button down shirts and of course my cowboy hat. Work makes me wear a tie and slacks but that so is not me. I am pretty much just a laid back cowboy.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: I spend almost every minute that I am not working with my two kiddos. They are 8 & (almost) 21 months old. I coach all of my son’s sports, I am his Cub Scout den leader, and volunteer when I can at the school. We go bowling a lot, play Wii, wrestle & just tear the house up every night. Between the kids, their activities, work, working out & keeping the house clean I don’t have much time left. When I do get a little free time I like to encourage my friends on MFP, read, listen to music and/or baseball on the radio. I don’t really watch TV or movies.

Fave Music: Country & Christian but I will listen to some Nirvana & Green Day on occasion.

Fave Books; I like fantasy & the classics.

Fave TV Show: None. I will watch iCarly or Big Time Rush with the kids if they want to cuddle down and watch it but I never turn that TV on for myself.

Fave Movie: I pretty much only watch kid’s movies but I guess Brave Heart & Barry Gordy’s The Last Dragon would be my 2 non kid’s faves. Kung Fu Panda is my fave kid movie.

How would people describe your personality: Most peeps would say I am upbeat, constantly positive and laid back. I would hope they would say I am a very hard worker. I see myself as old fashioned. I believe in romance, love and that a woman should be swept off her feet and treated like a woman. I do not mean that in a “men are better than women way” because of course men & women are equal. Hell most women make better soldiers than guys. But I think woman shouldn’t have to carry heavy things, or open their own door. Housework should be split down the middle, and compromise is the key.

Goals/Dreams: I accomplished every thing I ever wanted when I became a dad. I would love to one day own a ranch, but that’s not really a dream of mine.

For more on my story you can go here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SoldierDad but it’s not the happiest story (though it ends well).

Tell me about you now, please!

Blessings,

Ed

ps: I hope all you gorgeous, sexy, wonderful people have a beyond awesome day!

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ed, you know I'll do anything for you :))

HI EVERYONE!

Name: Clew

Ht: 5’7

Hair: Brown with sunstreaks.

Eyes: Green

Starting weight: 195 - Current weight 181. Not as bad as it looks in black and white because I'm muscular... but I still need to trim some chunkiness down.

Job: Undercover Superhero while I look for my next day job

Why I chose my screen name: I've used it for my blog for years - it's an acronym made of the initials of my family. And a boating term. I'm a pirate. I mean a weekend warrior boater.

My style: T-shirts and yoga pants or capris and tennis shoes, or flip-flops/similar casual sandal. I am all about comfort. I can clean up pretty nice but i don't remember the last time I wore a dress and heels.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: When I'm not hanging out with my husband, son and dog, I like to scrapbook, bellydance (yes really), boat, write and travel. I have a mild obsession with books, classic cars and amassing trivia that will only be useful to know if I end up on Jeopardy. I love power workouts (I LOVE my kettlebell and I love boxing!) and I love good food and wine.

Fave Music: Classic rock but I love music in general. My CD shelf has everything from Barry Manilow to White Zombie. KISS is my favorite band ever.

Fave Books; I go for ghost stories, case studies and forensic stuff usually. (my husband calls me Eggbert)

Fave TV Show: Big Bang Theory!

Fave Movie: I am knd of a movie nut so it's hard to choose. Pirates of the Caribbean is always on my list. Jack Sparrow is, at least. *wink* I love good horror and psychologcal thrillers (Saw Series, Insidious, Inception, etc.) sports movies, and M. Night Shyamalan.

How would people describe your personality: Very much like I come across here. Occasionally moody, usally silly, way too sarcastic, but not fake at all.

Goals/Dreams: I just want happiness and security fo my family, and I want to be comfortable in my own body.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not much of interest, but here ya go......just for you Ed :)

Name: Nicol

Ht: 5'10"

Hair: Strawberry Blonde.

Starting weight: 210 - Current weight 170.

Status: In a relationship, got divorced 4 1/2 years ago and met my current bf a month after I left.

Job: At-Home Daycare

Why I chose my screen name: cause I am not creative, and t make sure I don't forget my name :wink:

My style: since losing, I like to wear tight t-shirts and shorts. I also like to dress up in skirts and dresses so I wear them to church. I don't go anywhere that I need anything else.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: I like to go to the movies, workout, sometimes read (if I find a good book), and watch tv.

Fave Music: I love Christian music and pretty much anything else :happy: I think I just love to have music going and it is therapy for me. When I am stressed I put in earphones and troubles go away!!

Fave Books: Bible.....and then.....I love the twilight series, but will pretty much read anything that can keep my interest. I like romance, suspense, mystery, and well, pretty much anything :laugh:

Fave TV Show: Way to many to list, but since it is summer...my favorite reality show is coming Big Brother, and Whale Wars is back on too!!

Fave Movie: My favorite movies are the Bourne movies. I love them!!

How would people describe your personality: goofy and hopefully kind, caring, good mother, compassionate, loving:love:

Goals/Dreams: I hope to someday have my son full time. I have 50/50 with my ex right now and I hate it.:grumble: Nothing in this life is more important to me than my son and me being a mother! I would have loved to have more of them! I lost one child when I was 10 weeks pregnant and the "postpartum" I had, is what helped me get to the point of leaving my husband.

I live in a small town, I don't have many friends.....I don't buy into kissing someone's behind to make friends, and in this town, that is what you have to do. Someday I would like to move, but stay close for my family as well. That will come when my son graduates......I might have to follow him :happy:
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    Name: Jenn

Ht: 5 ft 2 in

Hair: short pixie cut that I'm growing out and recently dyed red

Eyes: blue/gray

Starting weight: 158 - current weight 138 - goal weigh 128

Job: High school counselor - for now...

Why I chose my screen name: It is my initials and my anniversary date

My style: mostly tee shirts and jeans but now that I'm losing weight I'm branching out and wearing shorts and dresses more. Hell, I even bought a swimsuit that I actually like, yesterday.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: right now I spend my time studying. I'm in my first semester of my second Master's degree studying homeland security. When I'm not in school I love to read, my favorite genre being bio warfare and zombies/end of the world stuff. Love it!

Fave Music: I really will listen to anything but I generally gravitate towards country

Fave Books; Gone With the Wind (I've even been to the Margaret Mitchell house). I also love medical thrillers and end of the world stuff

Fave TV Show: I don't know that I really have a favorite. I love a lot of different shows, current obsession is The Mentalist

Fave Movie: I used to watch Fame over and over again when I went to high school for performing arts. I don't know that I really have a favorite movie.

How would people describe your personality: definitely moody, but I'm working on that. I love a good laugh but I'm mostly really serious and focused with a major problem with perfectionism

Goals/Dreams: I want to find a job I love and live in a city I love. That all seems so far away and unlikely right now.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Name: Barb

Ht: 5’3"...ok maybe really 5'2", I think I'm shrinking

Hair: Brown with blonde highlights (to cover the gray), short & spiky. Eyes: Green

Starting weight: 196 Current Weight: 161with about 30 more to go

Status: Single, recently (a year ago) left a 9 year relationship. Now it's time to work on me!

Job: Civil Engineer

Why I chose my screen name: Bubs is my nickname and 5 is my favorite number (my tribute to Brooks Robinson).

My style: I'm a 'comfy' gal, shorts, t-shirt and flip flops in the summer, jeans, sweaters or sweatshirts and tennis shoes in the colder months. I can dress fancy when I need to but I don't feel comfortable doing it

Hobbies/How I spend my time: I spend my non-working hours with my mini-aussie Dempsey. He rocks and keeps me exercising. It's easier keeping up with him now that I've dropped some LBs, but he can still outrun me. I am also an amateur genealogist and have traced both sides of my family back to the early 1700s, but there is always some new family information to learn. I also "un-retired" from fast-pitch softball this summer. I stopped playing several years ago b/c it was too hard with the extra weight I was carrying. Now I feel better and healthier and decided at 46 to give it another go.

Fave Music: I listen to anything.

Fave Books: I like reading (well, listening to) biographies and true crime books. But a good Patricia Cornwell or James Patterson book gets me as well.

Fave TV Show: Right now probably Criminal Minds. I used to love The Office but I think they jumped the shark when Pam and Jim married and had a baby.

Fave Movie: Can't pin down just one. Bull Durham, Dodge Ball, Shawshank Redemption, Forest Gump and Godfather are my go tos.

How would people describe your personality: I have a reputation as being a little *****y that's not how I see it. i spent a lot of my life getting sucking into the drama and the BS and I decided not to do it anymore. I'm direct, so if you ask me my opinion, I'll tell you the truth. Life is too short to spend with people you don't enjoy so if I don't like you I will be cordial but I will not spend any extra energy engaging with you. I value the opinion of my 'inner circle' but am not really concerned about whether people like me or not. Those 3 things I guess can put out a biaach vibe. Oh well. To those who really know me I think they would say that I am honest, caring, funny and the 'voice of reason'. I would lay down my life for my family and close friends.

Goals/Dreams: To continue to live a healthier life and be happy. Where ever that takes me I will embrace going there.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I like this Idea!

Name: Kate

Ht: 5’5.5"

Hair: Red (natural) Eyes: Blue

Starting weight: 155 Current Weight: 140-142 (depending on the day) Goal Weight: 132-137 or 19% BF

Job: Economic Analyst

Why I chose my screen name: chuisle is an Irish Gaelic word meaning "my pulse." My grandmother called me chuisle going up, similar to calling someone darling or love.

My style: Classic prep with a few twists to keep it lively and fun. I am that girl who will pop her collar and tie a sweater of over shoulders, but I'll also use two different polish colors on my nails (when not at work :) I love fashion, beautiful clothes, and pieces. My favorite items include: my grandmother's jewelry, my hunter rainboots in the winter and sperries in the summer, leggings for relaxing, flats for the daytime, and platform heels for the rest of life.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: When I'm not working or working out I like to read, spend time with friends and family, enjoy food and drink, and try to learn something.

Fave Music: Most anything, just make it catchy.

Fave Books: Beyond the nonfiction, economic reading I do I love contemporary fiction. I worked in an indepedent bookstore for 6 years. Name a book you like and I can tell you what else you should read :)

Fave TV Show: For good TV: The Wire, Game of Thrones, Arrested Development. For bad TV: Real housewives of anything, gossip girl

Fave Movie: SO many! It's a Wonderful Life, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Godfather trilogy, on and on!

How would people describe your personality: I'm sort of a interesting mix of things. I'm a bit of an intellectual, but also believe myself to be down to earth and practical. I think taking yourself too seriously is a pretty big mistake, humility is key. I also going out and being social. My sense of humor is irreverent and witty. I think being kind is one of the most important traits a human can possess so I strive to be so.

Goals/Dreams: I will back to school in a few years and get my PhD in economics.Eventually, I want to help inform policy that enables people to lift themselves from poverty.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love your post Ed and I think you know a lot about me already but I am gonna do this anyway :-)

Name: Amanda (nickname Manda)

Ht:5'5"

Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown

Starting weight: 188 Current Weight: 168

Job: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (assist adults with disabilities in finding employment)

Why I chose my screen name:My parents used to call me amanda panda so I just took the a off and there you have it

My style: I am all about comfort but lately with my weight loss I love wearing skirts and dresses since it has been a long time since I have gotten to :-)

Hobbies/How I spend my time:I love reading, hanging out with friends and family and most importantly any activity where I get to be outside, I am definitely an outdoors/nature type person

Fave Music: Country, Rock, Pop, Classical...pretty varied on my taste in music :-)

Fave Books; Romantic Suspense and absolutely love the author Emily Giffin

Fave TV Show: Not been watching a lot of tv lately but I have a variety of tastes in that area too

Fave Movie: Can't pick just one because I love action, romance, comedy...

How would people describe your personality: I would have to say down to earth. I am a very loyal and caring person who always wants to make my friends happy and I have a goofy/quirky sense of humor.

Goals/Dreams: To be a mom and have a family, to start again finding that special someone and just be successful and provide for my family and be content

Thanks Ed :-)
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    Ok, sounds like fun, not that amazing though, deep breath ok.........

Name: Sarah
    Height: 5'7
    Hair: dark brown
    Eyes: Hazel
    Start weight: 15 st 4( July 2010) now weigh 12 st 7 sorry not sure what it is in lbs.
    Job: part time teaching assistant which I love!
    Why I chose screen name: my mum said when I gave birth to my eldest afterwards I looked so tired (11 hours of labour!) she said I had panda eyes and so it stuck with me ever since!
    my style: not much of one really, my daughter helps me choose sometimes, relaxed jeans t shirt kind of gal
    Hobbies: looking after my two girls and keeping them entertained. Also like to draw paint and photography when I get chance to have a go
    Music: variety of stuff but the Irish in me always steers me towards Celtic music or anything with a guitar playing in it
    Books: love fantasy/ supernatural big fan of Dean koontz but lately have been reading twilight
    Tv show: don't get much chance to watch tv but in the past liked ER or sometimes watch desperate housewives
    Movie: big fan of lord of the rings and also the brat pack movies like The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink
    Personality: quiet shy person, told I'm a good listener, need to be more outgoing. Not sure how to describe my self really! Not good at blowing my own trumpet lol!
    Goals/dreams: to be happy and for my kids to be happy.

There we go!

Love you Ed ! :heart: :laugh:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi Ed! I have been on this site for awhile but never stuck to it. Today is the change, the day I change for the rest of my life! I can't live like this anymore, it has made me unhappy and only I can make the change!!

I have never shared anything public so here goes....

Name: Tressie

Height: 5'3

Hair: Light Brown, shoulder length

Starting weight: TOO MUCH

Status: Married but very, very complicated. After 18 years I don't think we are going to make it :(
    I have two wonderful boys, one just graduated from high school.

Job: Administrative Coordinator 3

Why I chose my screen name: Fatgottago - well just as it says the fat has to go!!!!

My Style: I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal, I would like to dress up every now in then if I was smaller

Hobbies: I love to oil paint, go to the beach and pracatically live there! I love horses and riding, but I have found since I have gained weight I dont ride as much.

Fav Music: Christian and Country...my fav Christian is Casting Crown and Trace Adkins

Fave Book: Left Behind Series

Fave TV Show: Young and the Restless LOL and Smallville

Fave Movie: Dirty Dancing of course

Personality: Well, I am usually the one that keeps everyone rolling, I don't mean too, but sometimes I just say stuff and it is funny?????? I am down to earth and love to help others. I hid a lot of emotion behind my smile, hopefully after I lose this weight my inside will match my outside.

Goals and Dreams: My goal is to go to Nashville when I lose the weight and buy a cute cowgirl dress with boots and line dance the night away! Then go to the beach and NOT wear a dang cover up. My dream is to move to the beach or somewhere that is peaceful.

Thanks Ed this was fun......
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Name: Camille “Cami”

Ht: 5’5”

Starting Weight: 160lbs / Current Weight: 125lbs

Status: Married with four children / two bio-daughters 17 & 15, plus two adopted 5 years ago, a son now 13 and a baby girl is now 11.

Hair: Blonde / Eyes: Hazel

Job: Pizza Cook

Why I chose my screen name: I live in Colorado and my name is Cami…not very creative

My Style: “Girly”

Hobbies: Dance & Swimming, Addicted to YoVille (so sad). Raising four kids, two with special needs, keeps my life abundant with activity

Music: Still love the 80’s music

Books: Just read The Four Agreements…highly recommend it …the first chapter is slow and redundant but an excellent read

TV Shows: Big Bang Theory, Modern Family

Movie: Brokedown Palace…greatly over looked movie with Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale

How would people describe your personality? Hmmm…caring, extravert, fun, silly with amazing friends who would be kind (LOL)

Goals/Dreams: Raise children who are happy with themselves and enjoy all the blessings I have received!

Peace and Love,
    Cami
  • andrewsmom99
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Name: andrewsmom99

Ht: 5'3"

Hair: Dark Blonde.

Starting weight: 168

Job: Retired from teaching after 28 years...now thinking of going back into the profession.

Why I chose my screen name: my son is the best gift I've ever recieved

My style: I'm the true girly girl..love dresses and skirts, but most of the time you see me, I'm in shorts and t-shirts (since I'm going to my son's activities and the gym.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: Going to the beach and working out

Fave Music: I love classic rock and 80s music. My guilty pleasure is listening to some dance music!

Fave Books: Too many to count!

Fave TV Show: I'm a reality tv junkie...especially American Idol, Celebrity Apprentice, Top Chef, and some of the Real Housewives (love the ATL gals). Started getting into "The Voice"...a very unique!

Fave Movie: Old movie musicals

How would people describe your personality: Upbeat, great sense of humor

Goals/Dreams: Short term goals is to go back to work full time and drop the weight I gained after having rotator cuff surgery.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Okay, here goes - plus, I need to comment on this, so I can read everyone else's later, only got through a few.

Name: Debbi

Ht: 5’6

Hair: dishwater brown with natural highlights

Eyes: Blue

Starting weight: 223 Current Weight: 207.5

Status: I am my children's mother and my husband's girlfriend - married almost 14 years.

Job: Stay-at-Home mom most of the year. Summers I am a laundry attendant.

Why I chose my screen name: I'm boring - I wanted to get started and didn't want to be bothered with trying to think up something interesting.

My style: Feminine - I LOVE pink, lace and flowy fabrics. I own six different pairs of high heel sandals, and lots of dresses and skirts. When I dress down, which is a lot at my weight, I wear t-shirts and jeans.

Hobbies/How I spend my time: MFP :laugh: My family loves to hike, bike, fish. We have a small chicken farm - 36 chickens, 2 ducks and 2 turkeys. My daughter is hoping to add a horse to the mix this fall. I tat, sew, scrapbook, and bake. I love to come up with new recipes and meals. In the fall, I coach my sons' basketball teams.

Fave Music: Christian - any style

Fave Books: The Bible, and The Blue Castle by L.M. Mongomery. I like Christian romance and mystery.

Fave TV Show: I like the oldies - **** Van *kitten*, Green Acres, Waltons, Little House on the Prairie.

Fave Movie: My favorite movie of all time is Arsenic and Old Lace.

How would people describe your personality: Funny, happy, weird, temperamental. Impetuous is definitely a word for me. I like to decide the morning of what I'm going to do for the day, and am not afraid to change my mind that afternoon. My husband is my rock - keeps me sane, and I keep him young.

Goals/Dreams: To raise my children to follow God, to leave this earth and have people say of me "She made a positive difference." I want to make it to the top of Mt. Marathon before I turn 40. We are planning a family vacation to Hawaii one of these years.

Loving this thread
  • robcheshire
    Options
    Hi everyone,

just got this as an App today and think it is brilliant. I have also just joined a gym so together hopefully make brilliant music LOL,LOL,LOL.

i am just off to my dads so unable to give all my details but would love to make some new friends who can encourage me when the going gets tough.

Look forward to hearing from all my new chums.

Rob
    Cheshire,England
  • robcheshire
    Options
    :happy:
    'ONE SMALL STEP'
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Name: Kim

Ht: 5’9"

Hair: Currently dirty blonde (sometimes red, depending on my mood)

Starting weight: 200 Current Weight: 192

Status: Happily married for 14 years to my very best friend; 3 kids at home (ages 4, 8, and 13) and 1 grown(22 yo)

Job: Stay-At-Home-Mom (formerly an accountant); two of my kids have special needs (autism and other issues) so they keep me really busy

Why I chose my screen name: from Kimba the White Lion

My style: I'm a jeans and Tshirt kind of girl

Hobbies/How I spend my time: It's all about my kids; they are very high maintenance

Fave Music: 80s

Fave Books; Biographies

Fave TV Show: Young and the Restless and Criminal Minds

Fave Movie: Pretty Woman

How would people describe your personality: smart, quiet, loyal, nice, easy-going, patient, optimistic, dreamer

Goals/Dreams: To help and live to see my children attain their dreams
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Name: Stacy

Ht: 5’9"

Hair: Brown with slight highlights, past shoulders. Eyes: Hazel

Starting weight: 170 Current Weight: 168

Job: Public affairs Specialist

Why I chose my screen name: Name and initals. Not very creative, but Oh, well.

My style: Emma Pillsbury from Glee meets Miss Piggy. :tongue: I love girly colors, florals, stripes, and sparkles!

Hobbies/How I spend my time: I'm back at school getting a PhD in Marketing, so that takes a lot of time when I'm not working. Otherwise, I love to read most of all. I'm in Colorado (Hi ColoradoCami!), so I love to ski and do things outdoors, and I really love to Scuba dive. I also spend a lot of time with family and friends, they make life worth living!

Fave Music: Anything! But especially 80's stuff, Hopelessly stuck there. Also the stuff my daughter listens to... Pink, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, lots of Girl power!

Fave Books; I am in a "celebrity memoir" phase right now, but I also love the Hunger Games trilogy, as well as anything by Jennifer Weiner, Marian Keyes, or Jen Lancaster, to name a few.

Fave TV Show: I am a crazy person when it comes to Glee, I am hooked! I also love Cougar Town, bad reality shows, and CBS Sunday morning.

Fave Movie: Under the Tuscan Sun, Love Actually :heart: , The Iron Man movies, anything with Ryan Reynolds, George Clooney, or Matthew McConaughey.

How would people describe your personality: I am a textbook Virgo, a list maker, and a picky worrywart, but I try to be good-natured about it! :happy: I am goofy and laugh a lot, sometimes inappropriately... ok, usually inappropriately. I try to do the best I can around the house and remember it's the people who matter, so I need to take the time to enjoy them in the moment.

Goals/Dreams: Like I said, working toward my PhD, and moving up in my career, maybe someday working for myself! Doing what... that is the hard question. I am also hoping to get certified DiveMaster sometime in the next couple years, and last but not least, hit goal weight of 145!

I am so enjoying reading about everyone!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica

Ht: 5'8" (I am no longer taller than either of my stepsons...sigh...)

Starting Weight: 171

Current Weight: 153.5

Hair: medium brown w/ lots of red in it (natural) / Eyes: Hazel

Job: scheduler

Why I chose my screen name: it's my name and I was lacking in creativity at the time.

My Style: very casual. I get to wear jeans to work. :) I favor comfort above all things anyway and absolutely will not spend money on shoes I have to break in. If they're not comfortable when I put them on, I won't bother. I do, however, wear makeup to work every day.

Hobbies: reading, crocheting, knitting, riding the Harley (yes, I have my own!), hanging out at the greyhound kennel

Music: Still love the 80’s music [I borrowed this one] - showtunes as well. There isn't much I don't like...though I don't really like *much* in the realm of hip hop, rap, or country.

Books: YES! :) Anything and everything. Complete Harry Potter dork, Anne of Green Gables series, most of Steven King's stuff, but just about anything. I want to put bookshelves in every room of the house and fill them all.

TV Shows: House, Lost, Star Trek (TOS, TNG), Biggest Loser

Movie: I don't typically like schmaltzy "chick flicks". Favorite movies include Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Dogma, and What Dreams May Come.

How would people describe your personality? Tough one! I think they'd say I'm generally very nice and care about people a lot. I try really hard.

Goals/Dreams: Good health and a long life together with my husband - we have a good time. :)
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Name: Stacey

Ht: 5'6 1/2

Starting Weight: 247

Current Weight: 230.5

Status: Married with 2 6 yr old and 6 month old...... both girls

Hair: Blonde now :) / Eyes: Blue

Job: SAH momma

Why I chose my screen name: it's my nickname from high school...part of my maiden name....and year I was born

My Style: very casual....tshirts, jeans, flipflops...although I do love to get all dressed up and go out with the hubby!

Hobbies: Garage saling and thrift store shopping, decorating, cooking new dishes, EATING...Tehe!

Music: Still love the 80’s music [I borrowed this one] -R& B.....rap, hiphop, love songs, favorites: Prince, George Michael, Nelly, Usher....I hate country...unless it is "old" country.

Books: Love to read but find it hard to do with kids.....and if I read when they are in bed it puts me asleep!!

TV Shows: House Hunters, Bizarre Foods, Food Network Challenge, Weeds, Teen Mom,

Movie: Pineapple Express, Dirty Dancing, Superbad, Teenwitch, Just One of the Guys, 80's movies, Wizard of Oz

How would people describe your personality? Some might say I am *****y but I tell it like it is.....I have a sense of humor only some might love...I am goofy and caring. I would give you my last dollar if you needed it!

Goals/Dreams: To be healthy and be the best parent to my kids.....to live in a log cabin on the water with my adorable hubby when we retire and have kids and grandkids over a lot!! Oh and travel someday too!
  • vannabana
    vannabana Posts: 10
    Options
    Ok, I am new to this site have been on her about a week so far it's great! There's not much to tell but wanna hear it, hear it goes!!!

Name: Angie

Ht: 5’4

Hair: Short Brown hair trying to let it grow.. ugh!

Eyes: Green, until after a workout then they are bloodshot it seems...lol

Starting weight: 240 Current Weight: 212 hit a plateau and trying not to quit

Status: I've been married for 14yrs I have a mini dashound and I have no kids unless you count my dog and husband!

Job: I am a lab tech and work for a major hospital in the area and I love my job!

Why I chose my screen name: I got the name from a combo of things one is the name of my dog and the other is a song I always sing to her to get her to run it is so funny she in thing in my life that actually makes me smile!

My style: I am a very casual person I love shoes mainly tennis and flip flops, but I buy any kind I like in every color is possible. I only dress up when I have to so those days I do remember because it's occasion to be remembered. I am a shorts, capri, tanks and tennis shoe kinda person at work of course I have to scrub it out but that's a good thing!

Hobbies/How I spend my time: I work out with a trainer 3 times a week for a couple hours other than that I do a lot of shopping. I love sports and music when sports isn't on at the house music usually is. I do watch tv but I love the documentaries most and I watch the history channel other than that well there's not much to add.

Fave Music: I like all music but I would say I love to listen to soul music. I like to listen to anything that gets me to move and music brings out all my energy to get off my butt!

Fave Books; I love suspense, mystery novels, I also love the fanatsy novels as well I do not like the romance novels at all I like something that takes me outta of my own world into theirs love it!

Fave TV Show: The Good Wife, and Breakout Kings would have to be my favorite tv show however Spartacus on STARZ is my all time fave I most certainly look forward to that show every season!

Fave Movie: That's hard to say there are some many I would say I am an action and comedy person so you choose!

How would people describe your personality: I would say I have an in your face personality you either like me or you don't. I do take my time to get to know people before I decide on the type of person they are because I do believe first impressions can be decieving. I try to get along with everyone however if I don't like you then you def know it. I don't judge people by their past because everyone has one and the past is part of what makes you who you are today. I am the type of person that owns up to their mistakes and tries to learn from them and like to help those who are in need. I am an avid animal lover and if I could would take everyone that needs a home.

Goals/Dreams: My goal as of now would probably be to lose another 50lbs and for better health for my family and friends, I don't set to many goals and my dreams well I leave them where they are at in my head.

Thanks
    Angie
  • TiredOfThisShit
    Options
    Name: J.A

Ht: 5'10

Starting Weight: 135

Current Weight: 129

Hair: Brown / Eyes: Hazel

Job: Student

Why I chose my screen name:Tired of not liking my body, so Im off to become healthier.

My Style: very casual....tshirts, jeans, flipflops...I do occasionally get a hankering to dress up, and I can play the part.

Hobbies: Reading, volunteering, studying.

Music: I am quite eclectic.

Books: Love them. Harry Potter, Dean Koontz, Tuesdays With Morrie, The Giver, etc.

TV Shows: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss, Coming Home, I Survived, Modern Family, Bones, GLEE, and more

Movie: Juno, Bone Collector, Princess Bride, Wizard of Oz, HP Movies, Childrens, Horror, Action

How would people describe your personality? I am quite random, at least thats what Ive been told. Carried ADD along with me into adulthood.

Goals/Dreams: Be healthy, stay healthy, graduate, be happy.
  • DarinF4
    DarinF4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Darin. This is my first time on here. I'm really excited. It's time for me to get healthier and feel better. I'm looking forward to the journey and hopefully getting to know some of you on here. Talk to you soon!