Curious

Options
2»

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If I was going to create a fake persona, I really hope I would find a better profile pic than this <
    one. Talk about setting expectations low.
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options
    hahah but it a great picture!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If I was going to create a fake persona, I really hope I would find a better profile pic than this <
    one. Talk about setting expectations low.

I was going to be you until you took it first. :angry:
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not paranoid in the slightest dear. You only have to read articles in newspapers ect to see that it happens.

Hemmmm... OK, let me see. I have a newspaper right here. (shuffle, shuffle, flip, flip). Nope. No story about men stalking women on weight loss sites. Let's try Google. Nope. Not ONE single example.

If not "paranoid16" perhaps you should consider "MISANDRY16". Just a thought!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not paranoid in the slightest dear. You only have to read articles in newspapers ect to see that it happens.

Hemmmm... OK, let me see. I have a newspaper right here. (shuffle, shuffle, flip, flip). Nope. No story about men stalking women on weight loss sites. Let's try Google. Nope. Not ONE single example.

But if this was Craig's List...
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't think half the people on here have photos of them up. I don't believe for a second that if you really looked like some of the girls on here you would bother with a weight loss site. I think it less with the men, though. I haven't tbh seen many flattering pictures of men on here, so I strongly suspect they are real, because....well....they don't look like professional pictures, put it that way.

I kinda agree -- I think there's alot of "this is what I WANT to look like" pictures. which is is fine -- it's a motivational tool for that person. and the ones that have celebrities, avatars, cartoons, animasl -- I think it gives the rest of us a glimpse of their personality. I personally prefer to see who's who. I really like the ones that do their before/after pics -- those are awesome.

But to OP -- misrepresentation with bad intentions has the potential to happen anywhere. We all just need to use common sense with our interactions with people. (I met my fiance online -- when it finally came down to meeting in person -- several people were notified of what was going on and given some information about him-- just in case...,.lol)
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The pic I use is to get chicks period. No woman on earth can resist the chief.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wait...you people are real?

hahahahahaha! Thanks for that! :laugh:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated entirely by greed.

Now that we got that cleared up.. South Carolina huh?
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options

if you read my original post, i did say that men and women were equally at fault.

At no point did I insinuate that I was a " man hater or a hater of anything"., if this is what you meant by "misandry"

Posting something to ask what others think on the matter was my intention but you've obviously got a massive chip on your shoulder. This is why I very rarely post because of sarcastic and inappropriate comments such as yours. Does it make you feel more of a person to come on and ridicule someone fro having a nopinion?

I suppose the one thing that i can take from this... at least i will always have a job due to people like you :)