What are your favorite ways to exercise?

Options
I'm looking for new sports or activities to burn calories. I started trying to lose weight a few weeks ago. I wanted to ease into exercise with something pretty easy to do so I started running. I run about 5 miles everyday. I have lost 8 pounds so far. I still enjoy running but I'm getting kind of bored with it so I thought I would try a new activity. I'm looking for ideas. What is an exercise or activity that you enjoy doing? I'm trying to lose about 70 pounds to get to my goal weight in the next year or two. Thank you for any ideas.

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I love rollerblading and swimming :-)
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Les Mills classes! Particularly Body Combat and Body Pump. I also enjoy spinning and swimming. I'd love to be able to run but I have a maltracking patella so can't :(
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    walking(very fast) to music!
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit! Especially Just Dancce.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Cycling - I burn over 1000 cals each way on my daily commute and 3500+ on the weekend club ride
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Running is my current favourite. I do love my aerobics classes too. I really want to try Zumba but can't make any of the local class times.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Love, love, ZUMBA; pilates (just started doing it this week and LOVE it! I feel muscles i have never felt before working)!, weight training/strength training, belly dancing, biking (just gotta get over the soreness of the booty), and I fitness walking; I could walk for miles and miles and miles! :)
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Wii Fit! Especially Just Dancce.

I love just dance!!! I need to hit that up this weekend with my kids!!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I like weight training and Insanity Plyo (lots of jumping around).

What about taking up a new hobby such as rowing or cycling if you get bored easy, or join a running club?
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will try pilates and belly dancing for now. I may try swimming, biking or tennis later on. Zumba sounds like it will be fun when I can afford the classes.