Quick question about Endomondo!

Options
So yesterday I took a hike in the woods it took me approxemently an hour (55 min) according to Endomondo I burned 240 cal. but when I added it to MFP say's I burned 488. So which one should I go by???? I mean I could see if it were just few over but thats a big difference... that's a 248 difference... Someone please help me...

Replies

• hunsford
    hunsford Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did you set your weight in Endomondo? Maybe it's defaulting to a lower weight for calculations.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I usually go in the middle with it. When I bike ride Endomondo states I burn around 800 while this site states on 400; so I usually put 600. Same with my hiking and walking, there is such a variation; I just average it out in the middle.

The only way to know exact burns is to get a HR monitor.
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    I always use a HRM and compare it to Endomondo which will give me 20 or 30 kcal over. As for MFP is well to generous regarding calories burnt.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you get a bluetooth heart rate monitor then you can hook it up to your phone and have Endomondo track it for you.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When I compared my Polar FT4 HRM to Endomondo, Endomondo was way over. I always go with the lowest, or your in danger of overeating if you eat back all your cals (sometimes by quite a lot!).
  • natash7
    natash7 Posts: 9
    Options
    OMG I only downloaded this site when I was going into the woods once to hike and as I was entering the 2 girls were coming out and I got to talking to them about the trails and stuff and they mentioned Endomondo to me so I downloaded it on my phone and never thought anything about setting my settings on it! I never actually went online or anything! LOL silly me! And I will deff. look into to getting a HRM in the furture too. Thx you guys!