Not Hungry...

Options
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this before... I usually try to keep my meals regular and have not changed this since my husband and I have started to change our lifestyle. BUT...there are times when I know I should eat and I am just not hungry! For instance this morning I sit down to breakfast and it just doesn't even sound good! And I love oatmeal. So I usually force myself to eat anyway, because the later hunger may be worse... any suggestions??

Replies

• Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    On days like that I at least try to drink a meal replacement. I use Secure, which is low cal, low carb and loaded in viatamins and minerals.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    In the morning I usually try to wait until I'm hungry before I eat my breakfast. It seems like once I start eating then I'm hungry for the rest of my meals. I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. If I find that I'm going to have difficulty eating all my calories for the day I just eat more calorie dense foods for supper.
  • samanthaharper88
    Options
    The same thing happens to me when I wake up in the mornings. I can never even think about eating until I have been up for an hour or so. What I generally do (which has a lot of sugar, I know) is drink a small glass (4 oz) of orange juice and a cup of black coffee. The liquid holds me over until I can eat a little while later. Then I have a granola bar or eggs w/ avocado. I end up eating about 6 times a day (small meals). I, personally, just don't think anyone should have to eat if they aren't hungry. Just as long as you prepare for when you will get hungry with a small and simple meal.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I don't force myself to eat if i'm not hungry, it usually just leads to me feeling gross. So on mornings like that I try to make sure that I have a meal replacement shake and an apple or something at work for when I do start to feel a little bit of hunger.
    Having said that, since I have been regularly eating breakfast, I run into this problem less and less.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry don't eat. You can make up the calories later when you are.
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing this BIG time since starting to workout specifically. I have always made pretty good eating decisions, so I eat fairly healthy anyway and maintain my calorie deficit I should. However, once I started working out regularly...I have a HARD time some days getting in all my calories unless I am eating super calorie dense foods. In the mornings, I like to workout and I HATE...I mean HATE to workout on a full or semi-full stomach. It makes my whole core feel gross and nasty so my hunger is all messed up now...or maybe it's how it should be, lol. I'm not a slave to hunger pangs any more but it can be hard to make yourself eat more when you know you should...