Rewarding yourself?

Options
I am really falling off of the wagon lately... Part of my plan to get on track is to set up some mini-goals and rewards for meeting those goals. Of course, I don't want food rewards...cause that would just get out of hand, and they would probably be of the un-healthy variety... I am not much on shopping either...and since we are a family of five on one income, I don't have a lot of extra money lying around to reward myself with a shopping trip whenever I meet a goal... So, what kind of things have you used to reward yourself for a mini-goal reached that has really motivated you to move on and keep on keeping on the right track???

Replies

• jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I go to a thrift store and try on a size smaller pants/ shirts etc. And if they fit, I buy them! I usually only spend about 5 dollars max which is great because I don't want to be able to fit into them anymore by my next goal!
    Its cheap and super fun!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Alot of my rewards for myself deal with clothes and shoes. My weight has been a roller coaster over the past 5 years so I have tons of all different size clothes in my closet. So, usually my goal is to fit into something that I havent been able to wear in a long time. Like for instance today, I have had my eye on a pair of khaki pants in my closet that I havent been able to wear in over 3 years...and they fit this morning! So, I didnt have to spend any money on that reward!