Sep 22, MFP Runner's Club

Options
Morning,

Ran a little over 3 miles this morning and lower body weights.

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Ran a little over 3 miles this morning and lower body weights.

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    WTG Mir. No running for me. Bootcamp started up again today so MWF will be different work outs. Taking the week off from running. My knees need a break.

Have a great run everybody.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Eliptical and some arm weights for me this morning. Will run tomorrow morning. Happy Monday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Ran for 30 min and did the eliptical for a little bit. Trying to work out some sore muscles
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    I did full body strength training today, so no run. I think I might do strength training on M/W/F and then run on Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun. I hate not running every day, but my strength training routine is 45 min long and I don't have enought time in the morning to strength train and run. I'll see what routine I can work out over the next few weeks.

Have a great day!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    I got in 6 this morning to make up for skipping it yesterday. I'm following a Hal HIgdon program for the next month to prep for a marathon, relay style.

I need to do strength tonight.

Good runs to all!
  • Slender1
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Boot Camp for me tonight.

I actually felt really good yesterday after my 8-mile run Saturday. My legs were a little tight but I wasn't in pain!

Woohoo. :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Are a lot of you military or is boot camp a workout program??? :ohwell:

No run for me today, but will hit it again tomorrow.

Cheers! :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    Options

My bootcamp is run by someone who used to be in the military. He makes do things like we are in the military but the nice thing is we don't have to kill anyone if we don't want to. Sometimes we want to kill him when we are out in the rain and mud though. :laugh:
  • samccarthy
    Options
    I hit the treadmill again this morning, but changed it up a little bit. I remember some of you saying last week that to be more like running outside, you should set the treadmill to an incline. So, I ran my usual speed but at 0.5% (didn't want to push it too much the first time out!). Didn't make the incline the whole 35 min, but did it more than half. Then I lifted weights. A good morning!

Sheryl
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

It is so cool here, 66 degrees, I decided to run after carpool this morning. Ahhhh! The crisp cool air. I ran 4 miles at an easy pace today. Since it wasn't dark outside, I got to enjoy the view.

Make it a great day!
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Pre-run snacks?

Today I tried a Chocolate Brownie Clif Bar. It tasted good and definitely satisfied my hunger. Not too expensive either, my local market had them 4 for $5.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! No run for me today. I did a lower body/ ab workout (Cathe's Butts & Guts). I'll do Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's (P90X) w/ my dh tonight!

Great job to all of the runners who raced this weekend!! :flowerforyou:

Jess
  • Slender1
    Options

Boot Camp = Gym Class! :tongue:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yay, I finally got a run in. It was barely 40* this morning! Welcome to Fall! Did 5K + at my fastest ever; averaged 7.12 per km! Plus had my first experience with runner's rash, ouch! Darn new pants, should have run in shorts like I was planning.

Have a great day everyone

Carol
  • MADI150
    Options
    I FIND THE BEST WORKOUT FOR ME IS 30 MINUTES IN THE DAY AND 30 AT NIGHT ON THE ELLIPICAL. ITS A GREAT MIND AND BODY WORKOUT AND EASY TO DO ....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYBODY!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I ran today, but only for about 2 minutes:ohwell: . Walked briskly the rest of the way. My shins are aching for no good reason. :grumble:

May do a jog this evening 'round the neighborhood...
  • SherryRH
    Options
    My shins are aching for no good reason. :grumble:

Have you tried new shoes? My shins were killing me last week and I bought a new pair running shoes. I ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday in the new pair. I have other issues right now but shins feel great! :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I'm so JEALOUS of all of you bragging about your cool weather, not here yet, closer, but not quite!

4 miles today and a bike ride with energy boy tonight!
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Rest day from running for me.