Newbie Needs a lil help!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    So you suggest to go over my calories consumed, then after the workout I wouldnt have to eat becasue i worked off the calories to bring me down to 1200? My deficit is 900, so what does that mean?

When do you work out? If in the morning, try to eat an hour before. It'll help with energy and the protein helps your body recover / not hurt so much.

If you work out after lunch, I'd say your counter should be around 200 by then. Then you work out and have at least 500 for dinner. I think people should be burning at least 300 calories as a workout. Don't they say to raise your heart rate 20 minutes a day?

If you work out after dinner, try to have your calories in the red (as much as you plan on burning).
  • Nique1986
    Nique1986 Posts: 23
    Options
    I usually workout in the afternoon/evening (4pm-6pm) and its usually before dinner. Today I am going at about 1pm, and I'v only had breaskfast (toast/cereal) and I'm at about 260 ca so farl. I will do 30-40 min of cardio, and them strength tarining. Thats about 400+ calories being burned. Maybe I should eat lunch now, then go workout. But I guess the key to it all is to not go under 1200, reguardless if i have to eat after working out to get back to 1200 since it is such a low caloric intake. One thing about me is that I dont like to eat after working out sometimes bc I feel like it was a waste of a workout..kinda silly but thats how I feel.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    When I say be at 200 calories, I mean 200 left for the day.
  • Nique1986
    Nique1986 Posts: 23
    Options
    Okay, Thanks for the tips and advice, I will try to get the hang of things, and stay within my intake (1200) including burned calories during my workouts.