Does your job stress you out? Make you wanna eat?

Options
Mine does nad try very hard not to eat the stress away. I try not to bring my job home. I try to tell myself, OK, great benefits, good pay, work 9-3:30, and it's just a job, lucky to have one and thank God I am not in debt.

But I also feel, exhausted, tired, hate it, get bad tummy feelings with I pull in the parking lot and last but not least....

Where are the bags of oreo's.

So no, I cannot just leave and interviewing for other jobs , I find less pay and starting all over, working for kids younger then me.....

what to do, what to do.

going in today with a positive attitude, trying anyway.....

but some days, I just want to cry.

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Mine does nad try very hard not to eat the stress away. I try not to bring my job home. I try to tell myself, OK, great benefits, good pay, work 9-3:30, and it's just a job, lucky to have one and thank God I am not in debt.

But I also feel, exhausted, tired, hate it, get bad tummy feelings with I pull in the parking lot and last but not least....

Where are the bags of oreo's.

So no, I cannot just leave and interviewing for other jobs , I find less pay and starting all over, working for kids younger then me.....

what to do, what to do.

going in today with a positive attitude, trying anyway.....

but some days, I just want to cry.
  • marisa0918
    Options
    Well considering I am sitting here eating a blueberry muffin at work and I usually only eat oatmeal for breakfast.... I am going to have to say yes.
  • cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a social worker and it is very stressful and the pay sucks...for awhile there I would eat out for lunch just to get out because I would get aches in my belly as well when I pulled up to the office. I am currently in grad school, so I only have a little bit before I can get a better job. I just try to talk to people as much as I can about the stress, so I don't bottle it up and then EAT everything in sight when I get home!
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    Yes it does, a lot. and it makes me wanna go home and hide too. I recently changed jobs. See, we bought a new company, a trade brokerage (itex.com). We had a girl who was the trade director. I was doing all the stuff for our other 2 companies (moonwalksandsuch.com and an advertising agency) as well as the books for the itex franchise. On April 15, she walked out on us (long story), no warning, no nothing. On April 16, I became the trade director. We hired another girl in a couple of weeks who has worked on exceptionally well helping me with the office and organizational issues and she does all the moonwalks stuff now, and i cannot be thankful enough for her. But it meant my job changed completely, and i wasn't ready for it, and a lot of the things i have to do now (like spend ALL my time on the phone) are at odds with my personality and what i am comfortable doing. And it can get very, very fast-paced and intense during the day. I am surviving it, and learning, and slowly slowly slowly getting to feel more comfortable, but i am right with you. The urge to eat and eat badly then go home and hide (and not go to the gym) can be very overwhelming at times. Just do the best you can, and remember, in the end, it really is only a job.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm just dealing with a girl half my age who NEVER says good morning when I walk in for the day. She never talks to anyone (except when she feels like it), and acts like everyone in the place is inconveniencing HER. (we work in a hospital) and is in a bad mood about 75% of the time. I'm getting ready to bounce her head off the desk. :devil:

But no, it doesn't make me want to eat. :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    No but my husband does!! :laugh:
  • ladybug30701
    Options
    Yes, My job does at times make me look for food; especially sweets. I work for family and we have no real benefits; insurnace ect; but i am grateful for my job, afterall they let my daughter get right off the bus here where I work and bring her with me if I need to and I can keep a check on my mom; so that helps out a lot. Work is way to slow; this is a construction/grading business and with the housing market; crashed; things are just not good. i worry everyday, when the phones dont ring; or no checks are in the mailbox; and I know my aunt and uncle are worried more than me. The main industies where I live are carpet manufacturing and farming; besides consturction; and the carpet is laying off or closing plants a lot; so I don't sleep :yawn: as I should, I worry; I have cried at times,:sad: and I tend to eat.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

lol, :laugh: Mine too.

No, but I do get bored and munch.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Stress???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes...definately stressed at the job.:grumble: :mad: :explode: I manage a fleet of 55 drivers and I will tell you that by the end of the day I am ready to explode :explode: I basically babysit 55+ adult men. You would think if you're going to drive a truck you would know how to read a map...:noway: .....or at least read, period.:grumble: But I won't get into my job too much. It would turn into a 10 page gripe about how dumb people can really be. On top of the drivers I have the customer service people, the bosses, the planners, and on and on alllllllll over me alllllllll day every day. 7am-5pm (most the time I'm here til 6pm) and yes it's salary :sad: no OT :sad: I used to eat alot while I was here. Now I force myself to just get up and go for a quick power walk now and then to blow some steam...:tongue: I told my bosses they need a vending machine with valuums, zanex, prosaac, and lexipro and bud light to wash it down...:laugh: :drinker: :bigsmile: :devil: :glasses: :smokin: But hey, it pays the bills, BARELY, but it does. I have to try and remember to be thankful, especially when I feel like walking out and telling them exactly WHERE to put this job...:bigsmile: :laugh: It is seriously a very very stressful underpaid job. Anywho...speaking of, I gotta get back to it.:sad: :sad: :grumble:

{hugs} :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    What is hard for me is the limited options around me. I work on the outskirts of downtown Birmingham and when i have a bad day I am surrounded by the best BBQ on the planet and several restaurants called Meat and Two's whihc provide you with homestyle southern cooking that is like mom used to make wih all the veggies cooked with fat back and the meat fried or covered in gravy.

On a bad day it is hard to put that healthy choice in the microwave lol
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Mine does.. I work for a collection agancy. And it's not the co-workers, or the pay, or any of that - but the people we deal with. Some people are real nice to talk to, but as a supervisor here I deal with the people who are very upset with our callers and they can get real nasty at times. Right now the stress is due to the fact people can't afford to pay period. It is touch. Plus I am in an offfice so always cookies, or cake for a birthday or something always here. YIKS - Pull me away from the donuts!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Mine does.. I work for a collection agancy. And it's not the co-workers, or the pay, or any of that - but the people we deal with. Some people are real nice to talk to, but as a supervisor here I deal with the people who are very upset with our callers and they can get real nasty at times. Right now the stress is due to the fact people can't afford to pay period. It is touch. Plus I am in an offfice so always cookies, or cake for a birthday or something always here. YIKS - Pull me away from the donuts!!!

I worked credit card collections for a bank back in college. That job sucked my soul right out. (No worries, after I quit, I was able to regain my soul!!)
    It was horrible. They staffed the joint with college kids. Easy to come by. Turn over was 300% annually.
    We -- and I kid you not -- brought crayons, colored pencils and coloring books to work.
    It was the only way we could make these calls and not lose our minds from all the negativity thrown at us. So yes, while I was nicely (because I WAS one of the nice ones) asking you for your past due payment and your currently due monthly payment, I was busy coloring Mickey Mouse or Cinderella while you cussed me out.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Maybe I shouldn't post this, but WOW! You all gave me flashbacks of Private Banking. *cold sweats* *heart racing* Whew! I don't remember how I ever did it. All of the office politics, back stabbing, babysitting and negative.... It kind of makes me sad all that you guys have to put up with.

Now - NO my job doesn't stress me out. It invigorates me. I own and operate a web based franchise that I love. I'm always looking for people to work with, but the cool thing is I get to choose them. I only "work" about ten hours a week, so I have a lot of freedom of time. We home school and I play a lot with our family. I'm fired up - I should have my husband retired with me next year and it is invigorating. It makes life exciting.

So sorry that so many of you have ick at your job.
  • arjames82
    Options
    I am a social worker and it is very stressful and the pay sucks...for awhile there I would eat out for lunch just to get out because I would get aches in my belly as well when I pulled up to the office. I am currently in grad school, so I only have a little bit before I can get a better job. I just try to talk to people as much as I can about the stress, so I don't bottle it up and then EAT everything in sight when I get home!

Oh my gosh...I'm a social worker too! :sad: And yes, it is stressful and the pay sucks and I find myself mindlessly eating during the day. I'm in school as well...but I'm pursing a degree in something as far away from social work as possible...MEDICINE!
  • Jzajza
    Options
    I am also a social worker in grad school. Unfortunately I've moved away from handling social problems and decided to study psychology. As if it will be less stress. I am basically learning to preplan my meals and drink plenty of water. My thing is I begin to crave carbs when the stress is on. They are my comfort foods.
  • elliott062907
    Options

I had one of those and now I gotta good one.

tee hee
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I collect for AT&T. I am on the phone all day. I work with 50% idiots that are under 25. No, not trashing 25ers or less, just the one's I work with. Trust me, their S- - T don't stink in their eyes.

They do what they want, dress how they want, speak how they want and very rarely finish a week. And yes, they are still there....

I am a long timer and I have to at times vie for a seat or a head set and they just get to come in, have over time and all the ins of the day!!!

Oh well, looking now, so hopefully I will find something soon.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    mine is the opposite. totally easy, totally boring, and there is ALWAYS food around. there are many boredom eaters in my office.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2nd grade teacher, so crayons, markers, etc. are part of my job description!!

PS - anyone know any good haikus about autumn? :wink:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    There are leaves around
    Discarded by the summer
    They are so pretty.

How's that?