my mussels hurt

Options
i have been on this new diet and excersise routine for almost a week and im getting pain in my right thigh my left hip and my back. it hurts any time i move them or bend them. Is this because ive done to much excersise??

Replies

• abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yes, generally you should take a days rest in between weights, but for cardio you should be good for every day.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    If it aches a day afterwards you need to allow your muscles to recover before you do some serious/more damage
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    Well that depends on how intense your cardio workout is. If your leg muscles are getting fatigued/sore from doing your running/jogging, then you should wait a day in between that, too. I have one cardio workout that just kills my thighs so I do that one every other day, and then a low-intensity one on the days in between so I'm still getting my cardio in, but I'm not pushing my leg muscles too far.
    Always make sure you stretch before and after, too :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    what about your cockles though? Are they ok?
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Make sure you warm up prior to exercising. (Jumping Jacks, few quick squats, arm circles) Stretch a bit after the warmup. Concentrate more on the primary muscles you'll be using. Then work out. Cool down from cardio slowly. (Slight jog / walk). Then stretch. Make sure you take time off if you are having trouble walking. If you need a day inbetween, try to stretch for a half an hour to an hour that day.

*PS: Don't stretch the same muscle for half an hour. Try to find a stretching routine that lasts that long.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Take a day or two for rest. I hardly ever have a day in which I have no sore muscles. There is always something that is sore. But if it has hurt continuously for a few days then you need to take it slower and rest.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    what about your cockles though? Are they ok?

Glad I wasn't the first smart *kitten*. :wink: