1 st day of Slim Fast

Options
Today i'm starting the slimfast optima eating plan. :drinker: I've been eating outta control the last few wks ( stress related) and needed a lil jump start. So i bought 2 cases ( buy one get one free sale!:smile: ) and brought a bunch of snacks and am armed w/my water bottle.

Breakfast- 8:30am chocolate shake 11:00am activa yogurt ,1pm- french vanilla shake W/ banana and apple 3pm - fiber one bar 6pm dinner.

The new slimfast plan encourages u to eat w/your shake whether its 1/2 sandwich, or apple & string cheese, cottage cheese & fruit etc. So i'm gonna try and commit to 1 wk ( well really 2 but i'm taking it one day at a time), and work out 3-4 days per wk and see how it goes.

I have about 50-60 pds to lose so this is definetly gonna be a journey for me.

Any ideas or tips?? :blushing:

Thxs- Tasha

Replies

• lesszmore
    Options
    Today i'm starting the slimfast optima eating plan. :drinker: I've been eating outta control the last few wks ( stress related) and needed a lil jump start. So i bought 2 cases ( buy one get one free sale!:smile: ) and brought a bunch of snacks and am armed w/my water bottle.

Breakfast- 8:30am chocolate shake 11:00am activa yogurt ,1pm- french vanilla shake W/ banana and apple 3pm - fiber one bar 6pm dinner.

The new slimfast plan encourages u to eat w/your shake whether its 1/2 sandwich, or apple & string cheese, cottage cheese & fruit etc. So i'm gonna try and commit to 1 wk ( well really 2 but i'm taking it one day at a time), and work out 3-4 days per wk and see how it goes.

I have about 50-60 pds to lose so this is definetly gonna be a journey for me.

Any ideas or tips?? :blushing:

Thxs- Tasha
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Tasha!

I enjoy Slim Fast for breakfast because it is easy for on the go. I also congradulate the company for revising the eating plan and adding in more food to the day along with the drinks. Best of luck!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

The new slimfast plan encourages u to eat w/your shake whether its 1/2 sandwich, or apple & string cheese, cottage cheese & fruit etc.

Gee, I wonder why they would do that?

Just being facetious.

Of course good luck. A jump start never hurt anyone. Just make sure you don't rely on it the entire journey through, or that weight will come back.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hi Tassha
    Good lluck, I remember when I used slimfast - a few years ago, I was always hungry - I didn't feel satisfied on just a shake - I'm so glad they changed it now - I always felt the need to nibble something as well as have the drink.
    I'd love to do this again, but I became a diabetic a couple of years ago, and I tried a shake a few months later, and my sugar went through the roof, so I imagine it's not a good meal plan me any more :sad:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Those shakes are good (the strawberry ones yum!).

But - I just can't drink my calories, I still end up HUNGRY! I gotta chew em' up!

Good luck!!!
  • lesszmore
    Options
    Thank u guys...the big test will be lunch... but i have a bunch of fruits so we'll see. maybe tomorrow i'll pair it w/a small side salad or 1/2 sandwich. ..either way it know its better than the gyro and fries i had last wk! :tongue:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Hi Tassha
    Good lluck, I remember when I used slimfast - a few years ago, I was always hungry - I didn't feel satisfied on just a shake - I'm so glad they changed it now - I always felt the need to nibble something as well as have the drink.
    I'd love to do this again, but I became a diabetic a couple of years ago, and I tried a shake a few months later, and my sugar went through the roof, so I imagine it's not a good meal plan me any more :sad:

My sugar goes through the roof any time I have their shakes. I used to have them with my morning worout, but I felt so crappy I couldn't think (or write!!) straight.

I hope this works well for you!:flowerforyou:
  • lesszmore
    Options
    maybe once i complete these i may just venture into the protein shakes instead... just hard to find a flavor /brand that tastes decent.

..but they do have the high protein and low carb ones now that are a lot less sugar than the original.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Be careful about supplementing the shakes with the Activia and the fiber bar......all that extra fiber might not be so pleasant if your body isn't used to it!!! :noway:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    How did it go yesterday?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Be careful about supplementing the shakes with the Activia and the fiber bar......all that extra fiber might not be so pleasant if your body isn't used to it!!! :noway:

I was going to say the same thing. Activia alone put me on a roller coaster ride to the bathroom. :sick:

My hubby calls them slim slow. I would buy them, use them for breakfast because I am on the go.
    I thought he was referring to my lack of weight loss, but then I caught him drinking his 'milkshake' with his double quarter pounder with cheese and hugamoungous order of fries!:laugh: :laugh:

When I started this program I also used a few tricks to get me off the road I was on (ya know, junk food avenue!) I then read up on these boards and learned a LOT about healthy eating.

Once my body detoxed from the crap, I was then able to implement more fruits, veggies and whole foods. You should have seen me choking down my 1st strawberry or peach, it had been so long since I had fresh fruit.

Products like slim fast are good for a short time, but loaded with sugar and chemicals,and you cant do that forever.

I also see a little guy in your pictures.

I am the mother of 3 and I would give anything to go back 25 years and start over. My kids all went thru an obese stage and I now realize I had it in my power to make a difference. I was in control and I chose to let them have potato chips with their bologna sandwich instead of carrots sticks with their whole wheat turkey!! They only knew what I had taught them.

Good luck, I know you can do it! and WELCOME!:flowerforyou:
  • marisa0918
    Options
    I started on Slim Fast. It worked pretty good to curb my appitite. After my belly got used to not eating a TON of food I slowly stopped using Slim Fast and went to just drinking protein shake. When I first started mixing the protein shakes I would use milk now I am down to just mixing it with water so I won't have the extra calories.

The best tasting protein I have found is Ons Gold Standard. It is about $60 for a huge jug of it.
  • lesszmore
    Options
    thank guys!!:bigsmile:

Marisa- yeah i just want to use it for a lil while to get me on the right track. hmm gonna have to look up that one Ons Gold Standard.

arewethereyet- LOL that is too funny slim down huh! Ok i promise not to use to too long... i just was having a never ending battle w/mickey d's and chocolate cake. BTW luv u're screen name!

dmflynt- ohhh i never thought about all that fiber... w/the fiber one bars AND activa...maybe i should use one of each per day... TMI but i was pretty reg yesterday, now i why.

Ok so yesterday went really well! I was pleasently surprised that i made it through lunch w/noi problem I thought i'd miss eating with the gang. I had my shake (vanilla was pretty good) with a banana and some water @ 1pm and was good. Around 3pm i got hungry ( or nibblish) and had 1/2 fiber one bar and some more water. For dinner was at my inlaws and had about 3/4 c of chicken pasta salad and 1 hot sausage and ton of water. Late that night somehow 2 chocolate chip cookies made way into my mouth :mad: ..it's like i dont even notice i'm eating, i wasnt hungry, it was just in front of me and soo automatic. We'll i've since rid the house of cookie ( ODS took the last bit to school today). So ... so far soo good. On to day 2!

~Tasha
  • Fab140
    Options
    thank guys!!:bigsmile:

Marisa- yeah i just want to use it for a lil while to get me on the right track. hmm gonna have to look up that one Ons Gold Standard.

arewethereyet- LOL that is too funny slim down huh! Ok i promise not to use to too long... i just was having a never ending battle w/mickey d's and chocolate cake. BTW luv u're screen name!

dmflynt- ohhh i never thought about all that fiber... w/the fiber one bars AND activa...maybe i should use one of each per day... TMI but i was pretty reg yesterday, now i why.

Ok so yesterday went really well! I was pleasently surprised that i made it through lunch w/noi problem I thought i'd miss eating with the gang. I had my shake (vanilla was pretty good) with a banana and some water @ 1pm and was good. Around 3pm i got hungry ( or nibblish) and had 1/2 fiber one bar and some more water. For dinner was at my inlaws and had about 3/4 c of chicken pasta salad and 1 hot sausage and ton of water. Late that night somehow 2 chocolate chip cookies made way into my mouth :mad: ..it's like i dont even notice i'm eating, i wasnt hungry, it was just in front of me and soo automatic. We'll i've since rid the house of cookie ( ODS took the last bit to school today). So ... so far soo good. On to day 2!

~Tasha

:flowerforyou:
    Yay for you!!!
  • marisa0918
    Options
    Ohh whats really good is blending a vanilla shake with a bananna and some ice. it makes a yummy smoothie. Or the chocolate with strawberries....YUMMY
  • lesszmore
    Options
    oh i definetly am gonna try that!

So far so good, and the scales is looking pretty good so far. I dont miss eating since i have various healthy snacks throughout the day and i still eat a well balanced dinner. Yahoo! :smile:
  • Fab140
    Options
    oh i definetly am gonna try that!

So far so good, and the scales is looking pretty good so far. I dont miss eating since i have various healthy snacks throughout the day and i still eat a well balanced dinner. Yahoo! :smile:

No "sugar shakes" going on? That's very awesome!!