Work Out Buddy or Solo?

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
When you go to the gym do you work out by yourself or with a friend? When i was in school i used to always go with my best friend, and we were pretty good at motivating each other to go. Now i always work out alone. I enjoy exercising alone as well, it's a good chance for me to just listen to music and kinda space out.

How do you work out?

Replies

• truebeauty5
    truebeauty5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work out with a friend or amily especially Zumba
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I kinda 50/50 it. I don't go to a gym but my at home workouts(mostly in the morning) are MY TIME. I zone...maybe go for a cooldown walk afterwards, listen to music and clear my head. That said I have a friend I walk with almost every night and that's fun too. Someone who keeps me honest, makes me go, helps me set a good and steady pace etc....
  • MereRae
    MereRae Posts: 39
    Options
    I work out alone. I prefer to. I am not very good at keeping up with conversations during exercise- especially cardio:) I also see my workouts as my "ME" time. I also space out and enjoy my music, sweat and hard work!
  • iKasey
    iKasey Posts: 2
    Options
    I workout alone now, for the same concept you said. I think I get more motivated when I enter my own world and listen to music and just stay on track. It is hard for my static workouts, though!
  • CherryteaMT
    Options
    i either go with my husband or a friend who joined the gym with me..often, the three of us go together~
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    When I lifted weights, generally I had a lifting buddy or 2. There was the same after work crowd and you could always find someone doing the same body parts.
    Running I mostly do alone. Occasionally I did train with a partner for my long runs during marathon training, but it's tougher to find someone who runs the same pace as you.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I go to the gym on my own .... but I go swimming with my best friend so I guess I do a bit of both! I like my alone time in the gym, just me and my ipod!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    With, but solo. lol. I like going with someone, doing our own thing once we get there, and then leaving with someone.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I run with my husband, because If he doesn't walk then I dont walk, when I go by myself noone is there to se me walk so I am more inclined to do so. lol

But at the gym I like to kinda be by myself or atleast do my own thing, my husband and I go together we don't necessarily stay glued at the hip tho.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do it alone, I find I cant concentrate on what Im doing with someone else there
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My hubby will often go running with me, but he feels like he slows me down (he doesn't work out as often as I do). But all my other things I do alone. I don't really have any friends in this area we're currently living in, and hubby's afraid to try Insanity with me. lol So I fly solo most of the time.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    With, but solo. lol. I like going with someone, doing our own thing once we get there, and then leaving with someone.

Totally agree! going with someone makes me motivated to go anyways even on days I don't want to... but I'd rather get a good work out in, then stay at a pace that I can carry on an conversation once I get there.
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    I like a buddy with me! It helps to keep me going...where if I was alone I'd quit if I got tired lol
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Han Solo all the way at the gym.

I do it for me and rely on my own schedule. It's sort of like my hour of complete selfish time in the mornings :)

Now for activities and outdoor stuff, I like going with my boyfriend and/or our friends. Especially if the activities planned are kayaking or rock climbing or other partner / spotter activities.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    well i'm a all alone gal!!! i dont want anyone looking at my big bits flopping up and down lol
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I work out alone 90% of the time and love it..but the 10% my daughter comes with me I love as well. I like to play my music loud and just get to it...but when I am with her we usually gossip and moan about the outfits or muscle monkeys at the gym. lol
  • truebeauty5
    truebeauty5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is on here to loose weight and have that moral support anyone interested in posting daily and working out daily with me?
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Since all my friends live at least 30 minutes away its really hard to work out together. I used to love walking with my friends when I lived closer. Now I walk my dog alone or use the elliptical at the gym while reading a book. I do think it would be much more motivating to have a friend to keep me accountable, and keep me from skipping workout days.
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Solo because no one can work out at the same pace as I do. I sincerely mean that even people in the gym compliment the way I work out.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    I go to my workouts by myself, but its group fitness ... so buddies?!