questions

Options
i had some questions that i wanted ask but i don't want to spam the forum so i'll ask them all in one sitting:
1) i only have time to work out about half an hour a day and burn roughly 300 calories. could this hurt me? i've read that people are burning 500+ calories but there isn't enough time in between classes for me to be able to stay at the gym that long.
2) would it make a difference if i worked out half an hour in the morning and half an hour in evening? would this decrease me efficiency?
3) does biking to class or walking to class burn more calories?

thank you for your help!!!

Replies

• shahrazad990
    Options
    i had some questions that i wanted ask but i don't want to spam the forum so i'll ask them all in one sitting:
    1) i only have time to work out about half an hour a day and burn roughly 300 calories. could this hurt me? i've read that people are burning 500+ calories but there isn't enough time in between classes for me to be able to stay at the gym that long.
    2) would it make a difference if i worked out half an hour in the morning and half an hour in evening? would this decrease me efficiency?

• jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    The trainer at my gym told me if you only have time for alittle exercise that day then up the resistance and do a harder workout in that short amount of time

also he said that after you exercise your body has like an exersice high and will burn more calories throughout the day for it -- so I would think you would want to work out in the morning so you can make the most of that high through the day

and walking vs biking???? I would think if you walked fast and got your heart rate up that it would burn more calories because you are going to take longer to get to class vs riding the bike in just a few minutes. but I really could be wrong.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Morning!

Any movement is good movement, number one. And if you are just a beginner go by what your body needs rather than what others are doing. You don't want to burn out or send your body into shut-down mode.

As for when to work out, it depends on you and your schedule. The idea that you burn calories for a certain amount of time after working out is a heavily contested subject amoungst the health community. I say if your a morning person, do it then. If you have more energy in the evenings, do it then. I know that personally I work out harder and longer in the evenings than I do in the mornings because I don't worry about having enough energy to make it through a work day.

Also, incorporating weights will help you because you do only have 16 pounds to lose, it will spike your metabolism and burn fat but give you a lean look instead of sick-skinny.

As for the subject of walking vs. biking, again it has to do with you and your current health level. I say invest in a Heart Rate Monitor and take each class. Or just do each class and see which one you enjoy more.

:flowerforyou: