30 Day Shred Challenge - week 4 - Sept 22 -28

I guess I will start this week's thread if that is ok Amanda :laugh: I am not shredding today, I did a great workout on the treadmill.
I lost 1.5 lbs. I am .5 pounds from reaching my final goal.
Weight: 125.5 :drinker: :drinker:

Have a great day!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I guess I will start this week's thread if that is ok Amanda :laugh: I am not shredding today, I did a great workout on the treadmill.

• emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Check in:
    Starting waist: 37
    Starting Hips: 44

TODAY waist: 35
    TODAY hips: 42

Down 6 lbs so far this month! Hip Hip Hooray! My biggest accomplishment is getting below 200, I am now 197. This challenge has kicked my butt, and has been the BEST thing ever! THANK YOU!

Keep it up everyone! Happy Shredding!:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • emikarls
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks you too! Reaching your goal is amazing! You rock!
  • emikarls
    Where is everyone?:cry:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member

Awesome Alf!!! I think you've been trying to lose these last lbs since I started on here, no? You must be looking pretty hot!!!
    :tongue:

Thanks for staring the post - I had to go into work early this morning (I only work part time from home, and almost never have to leave the house in the mornings). I got in a quick run, but I didn't weigh in! I was so busy with getting the kids dressed, and having to leave early, that I just forgot. Tomorrow I will do it!
    :flowerforyou:

Congrats to all the Shredding success!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Day 22 of the Shred!!! Well for me more like day 19 since I took a few days off for rest. I am officially down 4 pounds since September 1st! I am not down any inches, but I feel so much more firm-and hey where did all the cellulite go!!? I am pleased with the results so far! Keep up the great work everyone!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    I must confess ...... I took Sunday off from Shredding - I had a huge test to study for and didn't do too much of anything that day. But today after I got home I did Level 2 again.

I'll check my weight in the morning and post again .......

Great job everyone!! :drinker:
  • OOOOOOOOOOOH! What's the "Shred challenge"? Does it involve cheese :wink: :tongue: ?

Whatever it is...
    I wanna play.:happy:
  • alf1163
    OOOOOOOOOOOH! What's the "Shred challenge"? Does it involve cheese :wink: :tongue: ?

Whatever it is...
    I wanna play.:happy:

Yes, the challenge is to see who can eat the most shredded cheese everyday :laugh: :laugh: We are doing the 30 day shred workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. There are three separate workouts each about 25 minutes long. It is a circuit training type of workout. Check it out!!! Some people are going to continue doing in Oct and others will join then. :flowerforyou:
  • Cool! Thank you!I'll check it out!
  • alf1163

Awesome Alf!!! I think you've been trying to lose these last lbs since I started on here, no? You must be looking pretty hot!!!

Thanks for staring the post - I had to go into work early this morning (I only work part time from home, and almost never have to leave the house in the mornings). I got in a quick run, but I didn't weigh in! I was so busy with getting the kids dressed, and having to leave early, that I just forgot. Tomorrow I will do it!

I started here in January. By the time I started I had already lost a few pounds. My starting weight on Jan 1 was 148lbs. I wanted to get to at least 135lbs but ideally to 130lbs. Well, as of this morning I weighed 125.5. I really don't want to keep losing so starting in Oct, I will change my goals to maintenance. I am already eating anywhere from 1450-1900 calories depending on the amount of exercise I do. I am really happy with the way I look now. I am having tons of fun buying new clothes or just trying on cute clothes at the stores even if I don't buy them. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM

I started here in January. By the time I started I had already lost a few pounds. My starting weight on Jan 1 was 148lbs. I wanted to get to at least 135lbs but ideally to 130lbs. Well, as of this morning I weighed 125.5. I really don't want to keep losing so starting in Oct, I will change my goals to maintenance. I am already eating anywhere from 1450-1900 calories depending on the amount of exercise I do. I am really happy with the way I look now. I am having tons of fun buying new clothes or just trying on cute clothes at the stores even if I don't buy them. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Alf - you are my inspiration!!! I personally think it is MUCH harder to lose the last 10lbs than it was for me to lose the first 30! You prove that it can be done!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • momandwife
    I weighed in this morning ..... same as last week ...... 135.

I also woke up with some MAJOR knee pain!!!! :grumble: I did level 2 yesterday - my knee was sore during it but it didn't hurt ..... and then this morning ..... WOW!!! So I put an ice pack on it for 15 minutes, I will take some Aleve when I eat breakfast and I'm going to stop by and see the Physical Therapist that I work with and have her take a look at it before I go to school.

Needless to say .... I did not Shred this morning ..... I really wanted to and I'm in that "mad" stage because my knee hurts. :explode: I did my pilates DVD instead (mostly abs). This afternoon I'll try the Elliptical - it might put less stress on my knee.

Have a great day, everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Hey Ladies - no loss this week :cry: and now I have some type of flu - I'll be M.I.A. for the next few days while I take it easy.
  • alf1163
    I did levels 1 and 3 this morning. Burned 363 cals.

Momandwife: Take care of that knee. If you need to take a few days off that is better than injuring it ever further...ouch!! :grumble:

Amanda: I hope you get better soon. :flowerforyou:

Where is everyone else??? I hope everyone is ok. Doing shred every day is very tough, I never thought it was a good idea. Your muscles and joints need at least a day to rest if you are going to do the same thing. Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • haha guess what I found!!!

Comcast OnDemand has Shred lvl1 AND lvl2 on Exercise TV!!! I'm sooo excited! :) I'm going to try lvl one tonight! :)
  • momandwife
    I did levels 1 and 3 this morning. Burned 363 cals.

Momandwife: Take care of that knee. If you need to take a few days off that is better than injuring it ever further...ouch!! :grumble:

Amanda: I hope you get better soon. :flowerforyou:

Where is everyone else??? I hope everyone is ok. Doing shred every day is very tough, I never thought it was a good idea. Your muscles and joints need at least a day to rest if you are going to do the same thing. Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the concern, alf!! I stopped by the PT clinic (where I work) - she thinks that it is a tendonitis of the quadriceps muscle where it attaches to the tibia. It is tender to touch and hurts when bending it and when straightening it but once I'm to the full motion it's fine (just the movement is when it hurts). Weight bearing does not hurt it (thank goodness!!) We put a patch on it with an anti-inflammatory (Hybresis with Dexamethasone) directly to that area and it really helped. I'm planning on icing it again and keep taking Aleve. I'll probably take a couple days off from the Shred and do some lower impact stuff - I definitely DO NOT want to backslide!!!!!!!

Amanda ..... feel better soon!!! Vitamin C, water and rest, girlfriend!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Momandwife, and AJ, hope you are feeling better soon:flowerforyou: Congrats on all your success Alf! Keep up the good work everyone.
  • AJCM
    Thanks ladies:flowerforyou:

I have a whopper of a headache, but am going to try and work out tomorrow!
    :ohwell: