What's your daily exercise routine?

Options
Hello all! I was just wondering what everyone's daily exercise routine was. What did it take to get you to this point? What works for you? What doesn't work for you? Give me the deets! :)

My daily routine is 45-60 minutes of Dance Central on my Xbox 360 Kinect, and 3 times a week I do 45 minutes of water aerobics in the mornings. I also log such activities as leisure swimming (which I do on a regular basis in the summer) and walking for extended periods of time, even if its slow.
I havent been doing this very long but so far its working for me.
Anyone else here use a Kinect? Just curious.

On with the talking! :)

Replies

• blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do an hour long step aerobics class once a week, swim laps once a week, hit the elliptical for 40 minutes and 20 minutes of strength training about twice a week. Then usually once a week I'll do a 30-60 minute walk pushing my double stroller.. and lots of trampoline jumping with my boys when weather permits :o)
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I recently took up running, usually for about half an hour, and I also lift.

Usually, I bike or walk everywhere (I live in a city, so this is pretty easy and more convenient than a car). I bike or walk to work, the grocery store, on errands, etc. It's a good way to burn calories and be environmentally friendly, without feeling like you're really working out. I've also read a lot of research recently which suggests that being sedentary all day (desk job, for example) and then working out for an hour or so a day isn't nearly as healthy as getting plenty of low-impact exercise throughout the day.
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the whole work out "routine" but for now (while I'm building up some strength and endurance) I am doing a 20-min aerobics dvd 3-4 times a week (approximately every other day) and then something less demanding with my bf (walking the dog, wii tennis, etc) on the other days.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I run about 4 miles (~40 min) 4 times a week, do two days of strength training, and then I also go on 6+ mile hikes on the weekends (this is more for fun than exercise :)) I always have 2 rest days.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Usually is a run, 3-5 miles (40-60 minutes). I did substitute last weekend with a 4 hour trip to water park.
    Monday - Either hike and rock climb (Strenuous hike up, 2-3 hours climb, strenuous hike down), or run 3-5 miles (40-60 minutes)
    Tuesday - lap swim - 45 minutes to an hour
    Wednesday - 60 minute boot camp
    Thursday - 3-5 mile run (40-60 minutes) or two, 3-mile loops on the mountain bike
    Friday - 60 minute Personal training session
    Saturday - 3-5 mile run (40-60 minutes), or swimming.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My daily exercise routine is a bit nutsy. I don't train at home, only at the gym. Here's my workout routine that I've built up to over the past 5 months:

1. 30 mins on the elliptical alternating between 10-15 incline, pace is between 130-150 steps per min, with sprints thrown in for fun.
    2. 30 mins on the stationary bike, level 5, flat terrain, pace is 105-112 rpm, again, with sprints in for fun. Last night I got it up to 152 rpm, which kind of freaked me out. Never been able to go that fast.
    3. 3X a week - 30 mins of either core training, boxing, or weight lifting with my trainer. On non-personal trainer days, I just do 45-60 mins of weightlifting - alternating muscle groups.
    4. 20-30 mins of daily 'homework' weightlifting from the trainer -- what we couldn't fit into my training session.

Also, on Saturdays, I ride my bike to the gym, to get a head start on my cardio... and cause it's just fun (6.8 miles roundtrip). Sunday is my day off from the gym, so hubby and I go on bike hikes.

I'm a bit of a gym-rat.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i just bought the zumba workout set. Has cardio, toneing, and dance. I just did the toneing, and we'll just say, i'm moist. Whew!
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    I try to get in the gym and lift weights for no less than 30 minutes 3 days a week. I also try to either run/walk outside, use the elliptical, or run on the treamill for at least 3 miles every day. Usually alternating the elliptical with running. When my legs get too sore, I take a day off. Only reason I've been running every day is because of a 100 miles in June challenge.
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine currently is

480 pushups in 27 minutes with a 11lb backpack 3 days a week,
    100 leg lifts using ab straps in my basement the other 2 days....
    and cardio on the weekends.

My diet includes 6 meals a day, 3000 calories, high protein....
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do 60 minutes of cardio at least 5-6 times a week, and do a little lifting here and there. I've started trying to do some ab routines every night- but sometimes I get slack. I have the Bender ball and I love it. I feel more tightness in my abs when I use that rather than just doing standard crunches.

I've also stopped logging things such as walking. I work on a University campus, and have to walk about 10 minutes from my car to my office, and I use to log that as 'leisurely walking'- or whatever it says in the database. However, I realized that if I saw those extra calories added, that I'd eat them haha! So, I've stopped doing that and only add the workouts I do in the gym.
  • fitsaxon
    fitsaxon Posts: 57
    Options
    Hello! Am doing Hal higdon's training for a half marathon-
    3 days/wk running
    2 days/wk cross training (swimming, elliptical, or I find a fun class at the gym)
    1 day a week i'll do a yoga class for a good stretch and strengthen

Good luck with your routine!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Mon-Friday - I usually walk 20-30 minutes during my lunch hour at work. If I don't make it to my walk during my lunch hour I'll take my kids to the park (weather permiting) and I'll walk about 40 min. while they play in the playground or hand out with their friends.

Mon-Saturday (and sometimes sunday - depending on how "bad" i've been) - I try to get in 45-60 minutes on the elliptical.

Crunches and Obliques a couple of times a week whenever I have time. I need to incorporate more strength/target exercises though.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've got exercise ADD so it's something different every day depending on work, what I want to eat that day, etc. This week, for instance, I went on a 3 mile walk/jog Sunday 'cause it was nice, biked and rowed at the gym and lifted at home in front of the TV Tuesday, Zumba Cardio Partied/Zumba Flat Abs yesterday. Today, not sure yet. I've found that regardless of my plans, it's always good to have a gym bag in my car with clothes and shoes 'cause you just never know when the urge will strike you ... and that way there are NO EXCUSES!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday, I hit the gym for 45-60 minutes. I do mostly cardio - bike, treadmill (walk/run), elliptical, stairmill, treadclimber or combo of 2 or 3 - and then do 10-20 minutes of strength training. Some days I just do 10-15 minutes of cardio then a circuit training via Bob's Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD workout. I like to make sure I mix it up to avoid overworking the same muscles/joints so if I run one day, I'll use the bike or elliptical the next day. Same with weights - full ab workout one day then upper body the next, then lower body the next, etc.

On the weekends - if it's nice out, I go for a nice long walk (4-6 miles) but if I'm stuck inside I'll do something like 30 Day Shred and/or Hip Hop Abs.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6x a week & I don't really have a daily routine as much as it's a weekly routine. It's typically something like this:

Day 1: Spin class
    Day 2: Weights (Core: chest, back and abs)
    Day 3: Cardio (either spin, biking, running, elliptical, or stairs)
    Day 4: Weights (Lower body: glutes, calves, hams, quads)
    Day 5: Outdoor cardio (mountain biking, running, hiking)
    Day 6: Weights (Upper body: Biceps, triceps, deltoids, forearm, wrist, rotator cuff)

I work out for at least an hour in zones 1-3.
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Currently: Weights 20 minutes M/W/F, elliptical 20 minutes T/Th, long bike rides/walks with the kids Sat/Sun.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am doing at least 60 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and recently added strength training 30 minutes 2 to 3 times a week. On my rest day I somtimes actually rest and other days I walk my dogs or find other activities to keep myself active.