LOOKING GOOD.... But I CANNOT loose any weight!!!

azbarrelracer1323
azbarrelracer1323 Posts: 26 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been working my butt off, and I am seeing a difference...but I want to see the difference on the scale! I workout for an hour everyday... and eat good. I have been eating 5 small meals everyday (maybe cheating once a day with a chip, beer, or something) I love my food! But honestly I am not eating unhealthy by any means... What I am doing wrong????

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Looking at the scale is a bad choice. Do you really care about your weight? Or is looking better your real goal?
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    I agree with Hernandezedw. Looking better / feeling better is the ultimate goal, not the numbers on a scale.

Anyway, I have noticed that I lose EITHER inches or pounds...never both at the same time. They seems to take turns. Keep it up, maybe the scale will start budging soon :smile:
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    You might want to open your food diary to the public so we can see what you are doing.

Also you say you have th occational snack, do you log them and take them in moderation? Alcohol can be quite a lot of calories so be carefull with them ;)
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    I'm am right there with you!!!! I work out almost every single day and eat much healthier. I go over my 1200 calories about 2 times per week but not crazy over. The scale seems to be stuck and not budging. I WANT movement!!!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    I have been working my butt off, and I am seeing a difference...but I want to see the difference on the scale! I workout for an hour everyday... and eat good. I have been eating 5 small meals everyday (maybe cheating once a day with a chip, beer, or something) I love my food! But honestly I am not eating unhealthy by any means... What I am doing wrong????

Unfortnately cheating once a day can hinder the progress of weight loss. Eating healthier, excercising, and drinking plenty of water on a daily basis are some of the keys to losing pounds. I know its fustrating or hard at times but keep reminding yourself of your motivations. Stay strong and good luck on your weight loss!
  • Sounds like you are doing nothing wrong. The truth of the matter is that scales suck and are the worst way to tell if changes are happening, especially for women. We gain and loss water weight like nobody's business and muscle weighs more than fat, so even though you have lost lots of fat and probably gained a small amount of muscle, the scale will NOT budge. I know you've problably have heard this all before, I figured I would tell you again before you get too discouraged. Measure something or just pay attention to how your clothes fit, and take every weigh in with a grain of salt.
  • azbarrelracer1323
    azbarrelracer1323 Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks Everyone! I think the bottom line is I am not being strict enough.... I Pro Rodeo, and my good Barrel horse is out, which mean I can’t do what I love. Instead of sitting around pouting I decided to get my butt in shape! I have always looked good.... but never been really confident with my body. Ill kick it up a notch ;)
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Stop using the scale as your only barometer of success.
  • j_cordes
    j_cordes Posts: 7
    Same here! I've been doing 45-60 min of cardio 5x a week and strength training 5x as well. I.HAVE.NOT.LOST.A.SINGLE.POUND! Everybody is telling me I look good and I didn't believe it until I took my measurements (which is a more accurate way of seeing progress btw).So far, I've lost 6 inches in four weeks! Plus I have much more muscle definition. I know what it's like to put so much effort in and see no difference in the scale, but keep at it! You are going in the right direction!
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    having a similar problem, at first I lost weight and now I have stalled. Yet my clothes are getting looser.. hmmm
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    I'm in the same boat, I've lost about 1 lb in over 2 months. I think I look better, muscles are feeling bigger and more defined, but my clothes fit pretty much the same and I haven't lost or gained very many inches.

I just keep doing it!
This discussion has been closed.