Any Elliptical fans?

Options
2»

Replies

• prettyinpinkagain
    prettyinpinkagain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started out training to run (8 weeks to 5k) but injured my knee and then hip flexor. So I am using the eliptical up to 60 minutes per workout. I do enjoy it, esp with my playlist going. I find going backwards very difficult, I am such a klutz, but really works your butt. So I try to put in 5 minutes before I lose my entire sense of direction lol. Much easier on my joints and I seem to rack up the calorie loss.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    LOVE the elliptical.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    LOVE the elliptical.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love it and hate it at the same time. Running HURTS - on a treadmill or out in the real world - there's just too much of me for my little knees to cope with. But I go-go-go on the elliptical - it really gets my heart going and I feel amazing. I'm playing around at the moment on the ones at my gym - trying all the different settings to change it up.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'd be lost without ellipticals!

I eventually want to do 3-4 days ellipticals and 2 days running per week... but my right knee won't tolerate running just yet. So for now, I'm happy with 6 days of ellipticals. Within a week or two, though, I hope to switch to 5 days elliptical and 1 day swimming. :)
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    i love my elliptical! :)
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I also have a Nordictrack and love it! You can't beat the burn that's for sure!! I call it my "beast" lol:)
    Thats funny! We call ours THE BEAST too!