Off to a bad start

So I woke up this morning excited to get moving. I asked my husband whether he would rather do my biggest loser dvd or do a 5k walk. He picked the walk. Then the phone rings, and it's work asking him to come in early grrrr, so I got mad like a spoiled little brat and blamed him for not getting our walk in this morning. I know I could have went, but when I got home from taking my son to the bus stop, he already had the baby down for a nap, so morning walk was out!!

So then I decide to do the positive thing, and try a pilates dvd for the first time, got half way through and gave up. Just waiting for the baby to wake up and I'll take him for a walk. But this is how it always goes downhill. Something interrupts my original plans and I want to give up on it all. After all it's my way or the highway (spoiled brat syndrome again lol)

Well, this time I do not want to do that. So here I am pathetically begging you people for a pep talk. I apologize in advance but this may happen everyday lol!! My goal is to go down one size by December which is when I have to go back to work, I can't afford a new wardrobe in a bigger size, so I just want to be able to fit into my clothes that are sitting in my closet!!

I think I'm in a mood, but the day is not over and I will do something constructive with it as soon as I'm done pouting!!!!!

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So I woke up this morning excited to get moving. I asked my husband whether he would rather do my biggest loser dvd or do a 5k walk. He picked the walk. Then the phone rings, and it's work asking him to come in early grrrr, so I got mad like a spoiled little brat and blamed him for not getting our walk in this morning. I know I could have went, but when I got home from taking my son to the bus stop, he already had the baby down for a nap, so morning walk was out!!

So then I decide to do the positive thing, and try a pilates dvd for the first time, got half way through and gave up. Just waiting for the baby to wake up and I'll take him for a walk. But this is how it always goes downhill. Something interrupts my original plans and I want to give up on it all. After all it's my way or the highway (spoiled brat syndrome again lol)

Well, this time I do not want to do that. So here I am pathetically begging you people for a pep talk. I apologize in advance but this may happen everyday lol!! My goal is to go down one size by December which is when I have to go back to work, I can't afford a new wardrobe in a bigger size, so I just want to be able to fit into my clothes that are sitting in my closet!!

I think I'm in a mood, but the day is not over and I will do something constructive with it as soon as I'm done pouting!!!!!
  • Is it possible for you to take a walk after hubby comes home? I'm a stay at home mom to 4 kids. The older two are at school, but I have 3 year old twin girls. My favorite part of my day is after dinner going for a long walk in town. It clears my head and I get a little "me time". During the day, if my energy wears down, I"ll do some stretches, or dance around,,(the twins get a kick out of that!), anything to get my blood pumping. This site is full of great ideas and some wonderful inspriration. Good luck to you!
  • Hi:

Question, I don't know how old the baby is but my daughter loved going on long walks when she was little. I would put her in the carriage and she would sleep while I exercised and burned more calories because I was pushing her. Don't get discouraged :frown: things don't always workout the way we plan but we keep moving on. Good luck and enjoy the walk and fresh air.:smile:
  • peej76
    Is it possible for you to take a walk after hubby comes home? I'm a stay at home mom to 4 kids. The older two are at school, but I have 3 year old twin girls. My favorite part of my day is after dinner going for a long walk in town. It clears my head and I get a little "me time". During the day, if my energy wears down, I"ll do some stretches, or dance around,,(the twins get a kick out of that!), anything to get my blood pumping. This site is full of great ideas and some wonderful inspriration. Good luck to you!
    Unfortunately, not really, we used to. He doesn't get home til 7 which is when we have supper. This is the only time we, as a family have time to sit and visit. By 7:30 it's time for dishes, and by 7:45 time to get my first grader off to bed, pj's bedtime stories, teeth brushed, hugs and goodnight kisses all around, then tuck him in routine of sweet dream dust and monster spray. I use to love walking at night as a family, and we could probably squeeze in a 15 min walk, if we scarfed down supper, not as intense as I like. I'll figure it out though. This is just one day of him being called in early, tomorrow is a new day!!! I used to walk by myself in the morning, while he stayed at home with the kid, but the weight came off easier for both of us when we worked together, as a team.
  • peej76
    Hi:

Question, I don't know how old the baby is but my daughter loved going on long walks when she was little. I would put her in the carriage and she would sleep while I exercised and burned more calories because I was pushing her. Don't get discouraged :frown: things don't always workout the way we plan but we keep moving on. Good luck and enjoy the walk and fresh air.:smile:
    Thanks, it's just that hubby and I were supposed to start this lose weight together thing today, kinda a la biggest loser family edition, and I guess I kinda felt like he's let me down already, which I know is not true, there are days he's gonna have to go to work early, not many but a few where I'm gonna have to fly solo. And the baby is 9 months and loves walking, I'm determined to still get my 5k in, still waiting for him to wake up, then give him lunch, then we'll be out the door. I guess it just bothers me, that on the first day of a brand new start and it's already been screwed up!! I think he was secretly happy to get out the walk hehe!!! I'll just make him work twice as hard tomorrow lol!!!