Quick ?

Options
Although I been on here 10 days I love it and feel like im ganining a little bit of control of my weight.. Now my question I am going florida for the summer NEXT YEAR!! and theres a dress I want, and would love to be in. . would it be wise to buy it and keep it as a motive or is that being a way to dramtic and forward thinking? I refuse to go back to FL looking frumpy and shopping at lane bryant.. i want to be shopping in forever 21 with confidence. thanks guys and gals.x

Replies

• makeupartist12
    Options
    i would!!! I've done it before!!!! lol
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm doing it now -- I bought two pairs of jeans a few weeks ago in the next two sizes down so I can work toward fitting in them. :smile:
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    I have a few things that I bought to small, that I really want to wear. They keep me honest when I walk to the kitchen :)
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    thanks guys, i thought I was the only one. lol, im 5 6 and im nt sure maxi dresses are me but I want change, change my body, change my lifestyle!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I have a dress hanging on the inside of my bedroom door that I know I can't fit into yet.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I keep my bondage jeans hanging in the very front of my closet to mock me :)
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    So, I live in Canada but my family is in the States. Last time I was down there I tried on a swimsuit in the size I was at the time (In April, sz 16). I really liked it and wanted it for my vacation that's coming up in a few weeks, but had the confidence that I'd be losing lots of weight in the meantime ... so a couple weeks ago I went online and saw that some sizes were selling out, so I ordered it and had it shipped to my sister (won't ship international). I had intended to buy it in my current size (14) and a size smaller (12), however afterward I realized I'd actually ordered a 12 and a 10!!! This is definitely my motivation right now to make sure at least one of them will fit by the time I go down (June 24)!

If you see something you really like, I'd say buy it in your target size and work to fit it, girl! Definitely a good motivation AND reward. :)
  • edg_15
    edg_15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I did that once and it really worked. It feels so good when you are finally able to put it on.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    No!! Buy it and use it as inspiration! Good plan! :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it's a reasonable goal then do it. I had my size 8 jeans hanging on the wall in my bedroom for all of the almost 6 months it took me to get back in them. I think it really helped to see them each morning.