My first NSV - blood pressure

Options
A year or so ago, when I was first diagnosed with clinical depression, I was also told that my blood pressure was at pre-hypertension levels. (usually around 135 over 82 or so over a number of visits)

Well, after my fiancee and I started working out in earnest (in March) I had an episode of serious vertigo. My blood pressure at the time was "perfect" according to the nurse, at 114 over 70! I've begun occasionally checking it at those blood pressure checkers they have at pharmacies, and now it's usually right around 114 over 64. Since part of my reason for trying to get in shape and lose weight is the history of heart disease in my dad's family, this makes me VERY happy!

Now if I can just convince my dad to start exercising and eating more veggies and less fried food...not sure the old "I want you at my wedding" line will work but I think I'm gonna try it anyway. LOL

Replies

• mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! Congrats:)
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks. It feels really good to know that I'm doing something right for myself, and maybe heading off the problems that run in my family so very strongly. I don't want to wait until AFTER the fact to start doing something to prevent heart attacks and diabetes! Especially knowing that my grandfather had his first heart attack at 25, and I was actually born with a mild heart murmur that's come and gone all my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!