STARVING

Options
Ok, so I dont know what is with me this week! But i am SO HUNGRY. And you can look at my diary...its not like Im starving myself lol. Usually I am quite comfortable throughout the day but this week is killing me!! Belly is growling!! Here are the only changes in my life this week.
1.) Im on my period. (sorry to any men reading this) :blushing:
2.) I started a new workout routine. Heavy and slow weight lifting.
3.) I upped my calories from 1200-1500.

Anyone think these may be the reason i want to shove food in my face?? lol.

Replies

• katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    And to top it off I have a massive headache and running around to do after work so Im not sure if ill get a workout in! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    Again, sorry to the men.

I am always STARVING the week I am on my period. I can never get enough to eat and the more unhealthy it is the better. It's hard to control this but I just try to keep healthy snacks around so I don't feel like I am dying but also am not completely blowing my diet during that week.
  • shanislim
    shanislim Posts: 4
    Options
    I have had the same issue during that time, I am starving the greater part of that week, then it goes away, as does the extra 2-3lbs I put on in the process. LOL Is it possible that you are dehydrated? Sometimes the need for water will give you a headache and make you feel hungry. It is possible that your change in workout and "that time" could be making you hungry. I know when I work out harder I am always more hungry. I just have to make sure what I reach for is healthy.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I also have a harder time sticking to 'the plan' during that week. I feel all sorts of lethargic and want to eat anything that's not nailed down, after I pour a cup of sugar on it.

Part of the reason you could be hungrier that week is because your body is losing blood and tissue (I know, gross, but looking at it from a logic pov). Maybe try getting more protein in during that week? That's helped me some.

Also, I try even harder to get in lots of water during that week because dehydration makes my cramps worse (so I don't want to move, let alone actually exercise) and it usually helps curb my random desire to eat when I'm not actually hungry. I personally think your body needs more calories during that week because of the process it's going through, but I've never had any confirmation of that.

Anyway, I'm sure I wasn't really helpful except for maybe that I can totally sympathize. Good luck!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! At least Im not the only one lol!! Ive been drinking my water...72 oz a day! It must just be a woman thang lol. I DO need more protein I know that...sigh. Next week ill be all better! :laugh: Hopefully!