Not so bright idea...

Options
Mios3
Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
Ok so I am sitting here looking at "My Home" page and see that one of my friends logged some exercise "walking carrying a 15lb load" and I had to giggle thinking of my experience last weekend.

So last Saturday I was sitting my 2 nephews ages 8,9 and my niece age 2 while my sister had a party to go to. I decided it would be a great idea to take them along with my son age 3 on a little hike seeings how my sister doesn't really take her boys out to do stuff like that. I mean I had a pack that I used to put my son in when he was smaller that I could put my niece in.

Well we get to our destination and I load my niece in the pack and throw about 5 bottles of water and some granola bars in the pack and off we go. It was a great walk down the boys chased lizards and climbed rocks and were just having a great time. It took us 1 hr 27 mins to walk down.

Oh btw my niece weighs 27lbs and I forgot to mention that the trail is 8 miles long...4 miles down and 4 miles back to the top.

As we start our way back up to the top my niece is now asleep, my legs are tired , and my back and shoulders hurt. I look up and I think WTH was I thinking! We start to head back up and my 1 of my nephews suggests we take some short cuts and go up the flat rocks in order to cut off some of the switch backs, and I think ok anything to save time and get the HELL back to my car. I should say that going up these flat rocks felt like climbing Mount Everest with a 27lb kid on my back lol. We are just about 3/4 of the way back and my son says he can't walk anymore his legs hurt (poor lil guy) so I proceed to pick him up and walk. Which means I now have my niece on my back and my son in the front ....Now I'm thinking i may need to be rescued as I will surely die. This goes on for about 20 -30 mins at which point I see the last bend before we get back to the car and I put my son down.

I finally see the car and it's like a damn marathon as I hoof it with every last bit of energy left in me walking as fast as I can to get there. YAY!!!! I make it and immediately sit down and log it in my exercise log....LMAO!

Replies

• travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lol You should have worn your HRM and counted it as exercise! You probably burned tons of calories!
  • AtomicDarling
    Options
    Wow! What an adventure! Lol

Sounds like it was fun despite the trouble though. :P
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    LMBO...:laugh:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! Your nice! I would have woke my niece up! lol Good job though! I think I would have fallen dead in the middle of that hike haha!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love it! Sounds like one of my "bright ideas". Sounds like all and all it was fun and memories you will be able to share a long time from now! Cool!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking last night about starting to run with some weights in a backpack, sounds like you've already started :laugh:
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    LMAO strong girl!!! I'd pass out in this heat!