after today!

Options
Ok, so today is my 28th bday and I'm eating! We're going to Red Lobster, my treat and one that happens every other year. So, my start day is officially tomorrow... I have been walking every night and trying to watch my eating but with no luck. So what am I doing wrong? I can't go to the gym and workout for 4 hrs a day, I don't have the money or the time. And I am not going to not eat. Someone let me in on their secret. I'm failling miserably:cry: Plus my divorce was final on Tuesday and I am on the prowl:wink:

Replies

• iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Ok, so today is my 28th bday and I'm eating! We're going to Red Lobster, my treat and one that happens every other year. So, my start day is officially tomorrow... I have been walking every night and trying to watch my eating but with no luck. So what am I doing wrong? I can't go to the gym and workout for 4 hrs a day, I don't have the money or the time. And I am not going to not eat. Someone let me in on their secret. I'm failling miserably:cry: Plus my divorce was final on Tuesday and I am on the prowl:wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have battle being overweight for 16+ years (since I had kids). I started focusing on what I've eaten (since Sep 1) and I've lost 10 #. I'm not hungry and if I absolutely have to eat something I try to be sure and leave some on the plate after so I've at least cut the portion down. I am using reduced fat stuff - like cheese, sour cream. Using sprays instead of vege oil, eating a lot more fruit and veggies (I am a meat and potatoes person) Choosing a light salad dressing, baked chips or pretzels for salty crunch, I am finding low or no fat foods that are just as good and I don't feel like I'm deprived. I hope I can keep it up but so far so good. I even found a fat free brownie recipe ( a copy cat of No Pudge) that is great - my whole family likes them. I think I am actually craving veggies at this point - how weird is that!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!! Enjoy Red Lobster tonight!

HappyBirthday62.jpg

Have you been logging all your foods? Are you sticking to your calorie restrictions? Are you able to do any exercising, including putting your kids in strollers/wagons/bikes and going for walks? Maybe grab the kids and have a fun dance party for 30 minutes indoors, until you break a sweat. Grab the vaccuum and go to town. House cleaning is a great way to burn calories (although one I avoid, hahaha:laugh: )