Logging Sports

Options
OK, so I logged my early morning walk this morning which burned about 310 calories. Tonight I will play two indoor soccer games back to back. I know I will burn mega calories, I am guessing somewhere around 700 - 800 after both games are finished. Should I log that in as exercise as well? I'm thinking I could afford a cold beer and maybe a burger if I lot it! :) lol

Replies

• duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is where I think a HRM that counts calories would come in. Last week I had a softball game and put in that I played for 60 minutes and it said that I burnt an enormous amount of calories. In reality, out of those 60 minutes I was probably moving for 20 or so of those, none of which gave me a sustained elevated HR. I'm sure the sprints around the bases would help, but I was pretty sure that I didn't burn as many calories as it said I did.

Just my 2 cents.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    You should log all exercise as you're burning calories when you do it.
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    I vote beer you have earned it.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor will be worn. I'll check in tomorrow with the outcome!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    This is where I think a HRM that counts calories would come in. Last week I had a softball game and put in that I played for 60 minutes and it said that I burnt an enormous amount of calories. In reality, out of those 60 minutes I was probably moving for 20 or so of those, none of which gave me a sustained elevated HR. I'm sure the sprints around the bases would help, but I was pretty sure that I didn't burn as many calories as it said I did.

Just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out, so I would absolutely wear it during the soccer games. And I have logged soccer before and it burns tons!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    OK, I wore my heart rate monitor during my double header indoor soccer games tonight. I burned 865 calories in 2 hours and 3 minutes. 45% was fat burned and max heart rate was 180 bpm or 100% of max. Average heart rate was128 or 71% of max!!

Feeling good! Time for my well-deserved Amber Bock and maybe some pita chips and hummus to make up SOME of the extra calories earned.

Good Night All!!