Getting Started!

GoingToLoseIt
GoingToLoseIt Posts: 171
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I've just joined up, and I can already tell i am going to love this site! It's so easy to use, and it's great to be able to communicate with other people that are working hard at this too! Working on the weight loss with some people from the office, and I think that this site will be good for all of us. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• I've just joined up, and I can already tell i am going to love this site! It's so easy to use, and it's great to be able to communicate with other people that are working hard at this too! Working on the weight loss with some people from the office, and I think that this site will be good for all of us. Good luck to everyone!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I am in an office group too (except we all work from different locations) it's fun to brag when you've lost some. Good luck, this site is great
  • ladyprincess99
    ladyprincess99 Posts: 70 Member
    Goodluck with your Weightloss journey , Yeah This site is Great:love: . This is Definitely something I can Stick with.:smile:
  • Hi

I've just started too :flowerforyou:

Got a long way to go, but determined.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Welcome to you both! Hope you find great success here at mfp! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you :heart:
  • Thanks! I had a great first day, and that makes me want to have a great day today too! Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday! :smile:
  • dk07
    dk07 Posts: 2
    Welcome to MFP!

I started at 412 pounds and lost 25 pounds on my own just eating less. Then I hit a plateau for a month back in June and got frustrated thinking how can this be at 387 pounds? I was NOT logging food but keeping a mental diary which obviously stopped working. On Jult 20, 2008 I changed my mission by joining. Since then I am down from 387 to 347, 40 pounds! The site is not perfect with a few glitches but the best I have seen for free. I said to myself, WW is just going to charge me 10 bucks a week to give me the same thing and a recipe swap once a week. Not to mention I have 17 starter kits from WW over the years so I do not think an 18th time is going to help.

Without going the Atkins route, you do need to keep the carbs down to 30 or 35% total per day. It is really hard because most of us gained weight on the carbs.

I am a 48 year old guy so my effort has to be at 100%. Fortunately, you have youth and metabolism working for you now so lose it now. I know because I have been obese (hate the word but that is what I am) since I was 18 years old. In 30 years you would think I would have wised up sooner.

I wish you the very best of success in this endeavor! YOU GO, GIRL!

We are almost neighbors---I live in Southern NH (Greater Nashua).

Happy dieting for a healthy, long and happy life!!

Dana
  • dk07
    dk07 Posts: 2
  • welcome welcome.. im new here too. i like to see new people just starting out like myself.. i look forward to seeing you around the boards... :wink:
  • Dana - my almost neighbor!

Thanks for sharing your story - that is really inspiring! I have been chubby most of my life, but since I finished high school I've gained over 120 pounds (wow.... i just thought about that... i've been out of school for just 4 years... that's a lot to gain in that amount of time). I was shocked when I thought about what I've let happen to my body. I've tried Weight Watchers, and I did lose some weight, but it was hard to keep track of everything, because I kept leaving the tracker at the office, or forgetting to bring the Points calculator, etc. I like this site, because it seems much easier, and I can access it at home and at work!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
This discussion has been closed.