What do you do for you?

Options
rosieflo
rosieflo Posts: 218
So, if you had an hour to yourself...what would you do? How would you pamper yourself in this hour?

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I get weight loss massages that last about an hour....

But i would sleep....I am the champion nap lover and hardly get to take one
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Probably sleep or watch Netflix. Sad, but those are my 2 favorite pastimes.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    massage definitely!
  • nicismama
    nicismama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would treat myself to a pedicure or soak in the tub. Of course, I wouldn't mind going for a walk or drink with a friend.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am so busy now, that doing my exercise FOR ME is my thing. My husband complains that it cuts into our time together and he feels lonely after dinner if he doesnt' want to walk the dog with me or if i log my food and exercise after dinner. But I put myself on top of the list. When I put myself on the bottom, the pounds come back. I don't have anyone looking out for me except ME! I have to do that for myself!
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Read my book in complete silence or more likely sleep. :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    naps. shop, read, tv, play soccer
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what I do for me, is work out. That's my me time! That's what I enjoy. I would go for a nice long easy going run for an hour in the late afternoon, while it's still hot but not blazing hot, and then come home and sit in the backyard for a few minutes before showering up and going about my day.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    definately a nap!! could use one now if I even had 20 mins!
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that working out is kind of my "me time" Lately with all thats been going on in life it's my chance to get away from everyone, I just put on my headphones, and get moving in my own little world.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am so busy now, that doing my exercise FOR ME is my thing. My husband complains that it cuts into our time together and he feels lonely after dinner if he doesnt' want to walk the dog with me or if i log my food and exercise after dinner. But I put myself on top of the list. When I put myself on the bottom, the pounds come back. I don't have anyone looking out for me except ME! I have to do that for myself!

Exactly!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    At the risk of sounding overly spiritual, I don't seriously understand this concept. This "me" time is so backwards from the proverb I try to live my life by
    "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25 NIV
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding overly spiritual, I don't seriously understand this concept. This "me" time is so backwards from the proverb I try to live my life by
    "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25 NIV

Not starting a religious debate I promise!
    I think as women we are naturally generous and refreshing to others. We serve our husbands, children, homes, jobs. Oftentimes to the point that we forget to do anything for ourselves. I think thats what we are all meaning by ME TIME. Something you do to refresh yourself that makes you feel special. Aside from anything those around you might do for you.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I have way too much 'me time' as people call it. I'm single, no kids, and stuck on this island for the next 18 months. I have to have a roommate so I've taken to going on walks everyday/night so I can be alone. I feel so much better doing this than just sitting around feeling bad for myself, and thank goodness for the good weather that allows me to do this.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    Hm. I'd spend some time with a good cup of coffee, probably something from Trader Joe's, and a piece or two of excellent-quality dark chocolate, and I'd consume this while sitting outside on a beautiful day and listening to Bon Iver or Iron & Wine or some other fabulous musicians, possibly while also reading books but maybe just enjoying the weather and celebrating the fact that I'm alive and thanking my lucky stars for the privileged life I lead. Perhaps also walking or hiking or just being someplace in nature while listening to said music. I get overwhelmed by almost all of my senses in nature and while listening to music... so basically if I relive the time I studied abroad in Bali... :)
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bath + good book + glass of wine :)