Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating at Chilis tonight! HELP!

Hey guys, tonight I'm going to eat with a friend at Chilis (she picked). Anyways anybody have any suggestions on what I should get to eat? I will have about 800 calories to work with, however I would still like o keep it under! I also know I can get a dish with more calories but not eat it all! Help with suggestions pleas!

Replies

• lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    get a kids meal!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    stupid double post!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Go to their website--they have nutrition facts about all their menu items. Unfortunately, Chili's doesn't have many low-cal options, but the best thing to go for is the Guiltless Grill Salmon.. with broccoli and steamed rice (no butter), it's under 500 calories and packs some good protein.

Good luck!
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    check the website for the nutritional values before you go so you know what you can have. I think they have a margarita chicken thats grilled, just get steamed veggies on the side instead of fries you will be fine! =)
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    I've gone before and just ordered a grilled chicken breast and corn on the cob a la carte. That would be way under your calories but you could do the same with other items or sub a healther side for fries.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Fajitas. Skip tortillas or just one and easy on the sides, sour cream and guac.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Hey guys, tonight I'm going to eat with a friend at Chilis (she picked). Anyways anybody have any suggestions on what I should get to eat? I will have about 800 calories to work with, however I would still like o keep it under! I also know I can get a dish with more calories but not eat it all! Help with suggestions pleas!

Google Chilis nutrition/calories. Usually you can find the info online somewhere. Drink lots of water to combat the sodium. I find salads to be the easiest things to "alter". I can ask for no cheese etc and then ask for oil/vinegar on the side. OR depending on where you are on your journey...just enjoy...don't splurge on appetizers and desserts and start again tomorrow. 800 calories is good wiggle room though. You should be fine!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    They have a listing of their nutritional info on their site via a PDF. Sit down before you look at it though. The Shinerbock burger and fries is like 2100 cals. I used to order that when the wife and I went there. It's depressing to think I ate that much in one meal.

Here's a link: http://www.chilis.com/EN/Nutritional Information/Chilis_Nutrition_Menu_Generic.pdf
  • OrganicGal
    OrganicGal Posts: 15
    Kid's meal is a perfect choice...or get a regular portion but before the server brings it to your table, ask them to kindly box up 1/2 of the meal for you to take home. :) Keeps you in check, but allows you to enjoy time with friends. Opt for a seltzer water w/twist of lime vs. alcohol, or ask if they can mix seltzer water with wine to have more of an "adult beverage". :) Have fun!
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    i'm pretty sure they have a low cal menu! good luck but ENJOY!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Okay calm down im a HUGE fan of chilis lol
    get a classic margarita if you guys are drinking which is about 180 (im a pro) and then get the margarita chicken with the rice and beans! thats about 600 calories
    its as easy as that :-)
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    DONT get the mushroom swiss! I made that mistake!

They have salmon or chicken?
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Fajita without the tortilla shells. It's yummy!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Make sure you check the website first because I ordered something I though sounded Low Calorie - but the Fat content was off the charts Chili's is tricky
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Get a doggie bag right away... put half of it in a doggie bag. Should be ok with almost anything that way!
  • shayweigh
    shayweigh Posts: 1
    Hi
    They have a nutritional value book on the table and some nutritional values are even in the title of the food. I also always have the margarita grilled chicken. There are lots of black beans and rice but if you do not eat them all then you should be ok.

Have a good meal!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Go to the Food Database and type in Chilis and see what you get. I do that a lot and it helps me plan ahead if I know where Im going beforehand.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    The Margaritta Chicken is AWESOME and according to their nutritional website, it's one of the lowest meal items that they have. My husband and I actually share a plate because it's a pretty good size. You can pick a side and I think it comes w/ rice. We always get broccoli for our side. Anyway, I want to say it's like 450 calories for the entire plate. But I may be off a little. Check their website just to be sure.
  • water with lime
    15 chips- lots of salsa
    side salad no cheese with balsamic vinaigrette, side of mexican rice, side of seasonal veggies no butter
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    I PM'd you an interesting website with lots of chain restaurants.