p90x calorie recording?

qtcaro
qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
How do you record the exercise you do for P90X? Example today i did core syn. but dont know what to record it as. How would I record the rest of the workouts?? Thanks!

Replies

• qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    How do you record the exercise you do for P90X? Example today i did core syn. but dont know what to record it as. How would I record the rest of the workouts?? Thanks!
  • I am doing P90X as well, and I created all as activities in my exercise database. I put them all under cardio because it does not let you record calories for strength. I also found a very cool .xls document in google documents that my husband is using to track his. I am doing lean and the .XLS doc is for classic.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I bought a HRM because it's the most accurate option I could think of.
  • Good point, I also have a HRM. don't think there is any sort of "default" calories you can assume you burn per workout. For instance the last two times I did core synergy I burned different # of cals each time as I assume I am working harder . I burned like 374 last time but I am much older than you so will be very different.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I think using a HRM is great, but I don't have one. :wink: I love Core Syn, I think a good 400 cals would be a good base for what you could burn!! Superman... Banana!

Jess
  • I have never used a heart rate monitor but I would guess that in most of the p90x workouts im burning anywhere from 700 to a thousand calories. They are TOUGH.
  • marcosh
    marcosh Posts: 1
    Just started p90x and went on ebay and found a heart rate monitor/ calorie counter (the ones you wear right under your chest) for $40, but as an alternative in the p90x nutrition book it says that you burn an AVERAGE of 600 calories per workout.
This discussion has been closed.