Options
2»

Replies

• celestedavis
    celestedavis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is from Dr. Mercola about MIO

Here is the ingredient list for the Mango Peach variety of MiO:

Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, "natural flavor," Sucralose, Acesulfame potassium, Potassium citrate, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (preservative).

Basically, this is a scary mixture of TWO artificial sweeteners, THREE dyes, one preservative, and propylene glycol (PG)—a solvent that can potentially result in cell mutations and skin, liver, and kidney damage, if ingested in high enough amounts. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) rates propylene glycol as a moderate hazard.

Try putting limes and lemons in your water rather than drinking these bottles of chemicals. 5 cans of soda with aspartame has been shown to cause severe neurological problems. There are also bottled drinks at health food stores that use Stevia instead of the artificial sweeteners.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    In short, all artificial sweeteners and MSG are in a category of chemicals called "Neuro toxins and Excito toxins". Essentially they cause your brain cells to become over active and die. Many people develop neuroligical symptoms from these toxic chemicals. They are dangerous to your health. Stevia is a natural product that heals your body, makes things 100 times sweeter and is not toxic. Get real stevia not truvia or nuvia which are manmade, not nature made.

from friends who live in asia MSG is used like table salt in japan and china, and yet dont these countries have the stereotype of having long lives and high intelligence?
    If we avoided everything potentially harmful, we would not actually live any longer, lifespans are getting longer with every generation in this country, yet we seem to see more and more of these toxins that are supposed to kill us. I am going to take care of my body and do what I can to live a long healthy life, but nothing in my power is going to guarantee that, and I am not going to let the negative possibilities make me bitter or angry about it now, I'd rather be happy and take life as it comes, stressing about it isn't good for brain cells either ;)
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Does anyone have real studies on artificial sweeteners? Or maybe just sources of peer reviewed studies of claims made by doctors such as Mercola?
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I wrote a blog about artificial sweeteners a month or so ago. Feel free to read it.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mickmelie
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    They say cell phones cause cancer now too

LOL!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    This is from Dr. Mercola about MIO

Here is the ingredient list for the Mango Peach variety of MiO:

Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, "natural flavor," Sucralose, Acesulfame potassium, Potassium citrate, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (preservative).

Basically, this is a scary mixture of TWO artificial sweeteners, THREE dyes, one preservative, and propylene glycol (PG)—a solvent that can potentially result in cell mutations and skin, liver, and kidney damage, if ingested in high enough amounts. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) rates propylene glycol as a moderate hazard.

Try putting limes and lemons in your water rather than drinking these bottles of chemicals. 5 cans of soda with aspartame has been shown to cause severe neurological problems. There are also bottled drinks at health food stores that use Stevia instead of the artificial sweeteners.

Lemon juice!?! Lemon juice!?! You mean, like, the stuff they use in dish detergent and engine degreaser?? No way!!
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I opened up a whole can of worms didnt I?! I'm sorry everyone. I didnt mean to cause a stir.