Rolling Rings???

Options
Anybody out there have this little dilema? I have lost 19lbs and now I have wedding rings that are in a constant state of movement. I am afraid that I will lose them, I am also a little worried that if I get them resized and things don't go as planned that I may not be able to wear them.

What are you guys doing to help this?

:huh:

Replies

• gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there have this little dilema? I have lost 19lbs and now I have wedding rings that are in a constant state of movement. I am afraid that I will lose them, I am also a little worried that if I get them resized and things don't go as planned that I may not be able to wear them.

What are you guys doing to help this?

:huh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I say resize them as a constant reminder to stick to it!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've had to resize my rings-Both up and down, but never from weight loss-Unless I'm just losing weight in my fingers and never anywhere else!! But, if I were you I would get them sized down! You don't want to risk losing them, and plus having a ring that is turning all the time is so annoying, at least to me it is! And, Heaven forbid, if things don't go to plan, just have them sized up again. No big deal. But it would be a lot easier if you didn't think "what if I gain the weight back", and just got them sized down and celebrated that you're wearing smaller sizes in clothes and in rings!!
  • steph1705
    Options
    hey i'm not married...but maybe try putting string around the ring on the other side to make it smaller until your at your goal weight. Or you could get a necklace and wear your wedding ring around your neck until you reach your goal weight...then have it re sized!
  • Fab140
    Options
    hey i'm not married...but maybe try putting string around the ring on the other side to make it smaller until your at your goal weight. Or you could get a necklace and wear your wedding ring around your neck until you reach your goal weight...then have it re sized!

I actually have a ring guard on my engagement ring because it is so top heavy (not bragging, just sharing :blushing: ). It was only $16.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Do NOT get them resized. Seriously, since you have more weight to lose if you resize now, then later after more weight is lost you'll have to resize it again. This costs a lot and is hard on your rings.

You should buy a ring adjuster until you lose all the weight and then get it sized to your new finger size!
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem as you. I was just looking at my wedding rings yesterday wondering if I should have them re-sized. I think I am going to take them in to the jeweler soon. I get tired of having to adjust them. If I ever have to have them enlarged again, the worst is I will have to have the diamond put into a setting. Hopefully that will not be an issue again.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Nah-- resize 'em. It doesn't cost that much. Consider it a reward for your weight loss, and then do it again if need be.

Years ago on Weight Watchers, (before kids) every 10 pounds I'd treat myself to a small trinket at the jewelry counter. (costume jewelry, natch-- but still) I wanted something to show for my efforts.

Resize 'em, and enjoy.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I actually have a ring guard on my engagement ring because it is so top heavy (not bragging, just sharing :blushing: ). It was only $16.

Your engagement ring only cost $16? :wink:
  • Fab140
    Options

Your engagement ring only cost $16? :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

Nope......the guard. and the jewelry store put it on for me.

The ring was only $100 because I wanted a big sprakler but not to go broke!! :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

:drinker: :drinker: here here....:drinker: :drinker:

Congrats.....that is a good thing :bigsmile:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You guys are right, I NEVER plan on going back to where I started!

Heres to those spinning rings,
    Thanks for the Tips, :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

:drinker: :drinker: here here....:drinker: :drinker:

Congrats.....that is a good thing :bigsmile:

Same reason I use when getting rid of the old clothes.
    No excuses. Can't gain that weight back if you have no clothes to wear!
    And you can't gain that weight back and not be able to wear those rings, missy.
    Size 'em.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Mine are a bit loose too. They were custom, so my jewler will resize at no charge, but he did say that it does stress the gold, so he encouraged me to wait until I am at my goal. He said in the mean time, I can get a guard for them and that will help a lot. Yay! No more spinning...
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    They have the ring gaurds at walmart in packs -- they just clamp on to the iside of your ring with some simple pliers - and are very cheap -- I use them on my grandmothers ring because it's to old and frail to have resized
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

What. a 16$ engagement ring:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: