Need Calorie book suggestions! Going on vacay..

Options
mghane
mghane Posts: 109 Member
Hey all,

I'm leaving in a few days to go on vacation for 5 weeks. During this time I want to maintain my diet and calorie limits by writing down my calories by hand when I am unable to come online to look up or enter in the food I eat. I won't have access to my cell phone while I'm gone, so using the phone app is also not an option. I've decided to buy a calorie counting book (or a book that has nutritional information listed for many foods). I won't be eating out very much (only occasionally) , so it's important that the book focuses on natural foods (meats, rice, veggies, fruits, etc). Any suggestions for good books. I need to order the book by tonight if I want it to be delivered on time. :) Thanks guys!

Replies

• JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've heard the Calorie King is a good one. :)
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    but doesn't it have more fast foody type of stuff... I have no idea... getting mixed reviews on that...
  • tofeelwell
    tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a CTN Food Counts book aka The Complete Book of Food Counts by Corinne T. Netzer. "Complete" is impossible but it keeps issuing new versions.. It lists both natural (uncooked or unprocessed) and processed foods. It includes calories and six nutrient values. It lists most foods by brand, even fresh foods, but usually that information is a workable guide, enough so I sometimes have used it to add to the MFP database. I wish it included USDA database values as well but nothing's perfect.

Have a great trip and I hope all goes well.