New and excited about this site!

Options
Hi!
I'm a 34 year old wife and mother to two little boys. I've done WW online, and liked it. But FREE is way better. Also, there are more fun gadgets here. So I'm pretty excited :). I was diagnosed with a condition called PCOS about five years which essentially contributed to a 75lb weight gain on top of not being slim to begin with. Once I was diagnosed, I was RELIEVED. I had always known there was something different about me than others. I'd always wondered why if I wasn't dieting and exercising like crazy, I'd gain 10-15lbs a month or why as a grown adult, I battle acne. Since my dx, I have dropped about 60 lbs in the last 5 years. I'm excited to be starting the journey to lose the last 40- 50 lbs here on MFP!

Replies

• kmry1
    kmry1 Posts: 1
    Options
    How frustrating for you, but glad you finally have a diagnosis. Best of luck!:bigsmile:
  • ChaliBahli
    ChaliBahli Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck and it must be great to feel validated that you knew more about your own body and were RIGHT rather than listening to the general pop. saying it must be something your not doing. This site has been great, I'm recently new too and find it mildly addicting in the best way :)
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ha! def. addicting. Not quite as bad as Facebook, but it might reach that status as I start having success! Thanks for the add btw. Can't wait to watch our progress!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is a great site for tracking what you're eating and connecting with people who share your goals and sometimes share health issues. The more you use it, the more useful it becomes.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome - its almost as addictive as Facebook! Really!

Sending you a friend request! Yvonne :flowerforyou: