31 lbs down!! what i've learned+pics!

Options
gooberr4
gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
So in 130 Days, I have lost 31 lbs and only have 11 lbs to go! I decided to make the change after looking at photos from my 23d Birthday. I just wasn't the person I knew I wanted to be. Having once been an athlete, I wanted to get back to that. Since then I've lost 2 pants sizes, ran my first 5k, and have most of my confidence back. But I know it all wasn't easy. So here are some things I've learned...I hope they can help you!

* This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change.

* Don't sweat the bad days, you're only human. keep positive and don't slip back into bad habits.

* Only weigh in once a week. your weight will change alot over the course of a week. pick one day to weigh in and don't look at the scale any other day.

* Don't stress over the scale, its just a number.

* Don't be so hard on yourself...you didn't put on 30 lbs in one night, it's not going to come off in a night either. this is a journey. get ready for the ride.

* Your body will adapt. even though it seems hard now, it will get easier.

* Just because you're happy with your weight loss, doesn't mean everyone else is going to be. you're doing this for one person and one person only...you!

* Losing weight doesn't make anything in life easier.

* Eat real food. the fresher the food, the better for you.

* People may treat you differently, but they're still the same.

* Make exercise fun for you and you'll always look forward to it.

* Love your body. it does amazing things for you.

* Listen to your body. don't push it. learn to know when it's just a little ache or if it's something more serious. If it doesn't go away in 2 days....its probably a problem.

* Challenge yourself. try new things....you'll be surprised.

* EAT. eat throughout the day to avoid getting extremely hungry. and don't fill up on junk!!

* Be proud of yourself. every accomplishment counts.

* Don't let your lifestyle change get in the way of your life. most likely, the people around you aren't going to be eating/exercising like you are. be adaptive to that. you can still do all the things you used to do, just not the same way.

* Learn to cook! Learn to make your own meals. This way you know what's going into it. and you may even pick up a new hobby.

* Never give up...you can do it.

Before(january 2011):
before.jpg

After(this morning):
IMG_20110609_091957.jpg

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Great work! And great tips! Congratulations!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Great points. I need to work on some of them myself.

And you look great!
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    very good,it really hepled a whole lot
  • SpicyC
    SpicyC Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration! I also want to lose 40 lbs. to get back to my athletic body. I'm only in week 3 of my journey and seeing you makes me feel it is possible!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Way to go Gooberr! Ya dun made me proud! You look amazing! :happy:
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    You better get it!!!!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Great advice....... you look awesome
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Great advice....... you look awesome
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    u look so amazing! i am so incredibly happy for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great and offered up some great tips. Thanks. Good luck as you head to your goal!
  • missay_
    missay_ Posts: 29
    Options
    work it girl! looking awesome!!!!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
    Congratulations on your success!
  • caroline150
    caroline150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great :) Thanks for the tips.
  • channy22
    channy22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post , you're awesome!
  • CurlyLeslie
    CurlyLeslie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing those inspiring and motivating thoughts! Just what I needed to read today!
  • newmommy122910
    Options
    you look amazing thank you for the tips
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. You're so right about working out and eating healthy as a lifestyle change. I give myself an early weeknight bedtime to get up early and workout before I leave for work. Many people hate on my energy, but their problem, not mine!

Keep up the great work!
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats:)
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    you look great. well done
  • Julie1572
    Julie1572 Posts: 3
    Options
    Loved your tips and your success story! I also have 30 lbs to lose in 130 days (before my wedding in Oct). Your story inspired me!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!