Sooo NOT worth it!

Options
:sick: When we were at the grocery store yesterday, I spied a carmel nut aple and I thought I'd treat myself. It was only after I snarfed it down that I bothered to read the nutrition label (stupidstupidstupid) and realized that that little treat had thrown me 230 calories over the top and we won't EVEN talk about what it did as far as carbs and fat :explode: :noway: ) Just to make things more interesting, I went to bed with a major mondo belly ache and woke up this morning feeling like I had a hang-over :drinker: (never had one myself but I'm veryvery empathic and have had more than one person describe hang-overs to me in gory, graphic detail so I got the gist of it). I don't know if it was an overload of sugar or the nuts or a combination thereof ~ just know that I woke up feeling like petrified dog doo :sick: The only thing I did differently was eating that wretched carmel apple so I'm blaming that. :grumble: So much for having a cheat and getting my metabolism reved up again!

Replies

• frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    :sick: When we were at the grocery store yesterday, I spied a carmel nut aple and I thought I'd treat myself. It was only after I snarfed it down that I bothered to read the nutrition label (stupidstupidstupid) and realized that that little treat had thrown me 230 calories over the top and we won't EVEN talk about what it did as far as carbs and fat :explode: :noway: ) Just to make things more interesting, I went to bed with a major mondo belly ache and woke up this morning feeling like I had a hang-over :drinker: (never had one myself but I'm veryvery empathic and have had more than one person describe hang-overs to me in gory, graphic detail so I got the gist of it). I don't know if it was an overload of sugar or the nuts or a combination thereof ~ just know that I woke up feeling like petrified dog doo :sick: The only thing I did differently was eating that wretched carmel apple so I'm blaming that. :grumble: So much for having a cheat and getting my metabolism reved up again!
  • Fightslikeagirl
    Fightslikeagirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel! When I follow through and eat something I haven't had in "forever," know I shouldn't eat it , but do anyways, I regret it every time! Decided to have chips and dip...Thought I'd be moderate... WRONG! I was sick the rest of the weekend. Funny how we learn the hard way about foods! will we do it again? maybe not with the same food,but unfortunately YES!:sad: But now we move on and forget those unfortunate incidents and hopefully we learn ...right! You look like you're doing great with your weight. I'm just starting out... again... but this time, specially with MFP I know I'll do it! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • kathyjo
    kathyjo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is funny that you just posted this...I was just at the drug store, and I decided to treat myself to a Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar. I ate half of it on the walk back home, and then put the rest of the wrapper, thinking that I could save half for later. Now, like 5 minutes after I "indulged", my tummy hurts and I feel like a fat cow and I'm like "why did I eat that?!" Hahaha. Oh well....life lessons.
  • bbright53
    Options
    Must have been the weekend for this. I had 2 small pieces of pizza and woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible belly ache. Must have been too greasy.:sad:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I actually did good THIS weekend...:drinker: But not to worry we all have our bad days...:bigsmile: :devil:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    :~ just know that I woke up feeling like petrified dog doo :sick:

I know exactly what your describing, and I think I may have felt that way all the time before I started eating healthy and excercising. I just didn't know any better.

Now we just know what it feels like to be healthy and well.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My husband had a lovely time today reminding me (and reminding me and.....) that those without gallbladdders sometimes have difficulty in digesting things like nuts and that caramel is overloaded with sugar, which of course, caused my blood sugar to stand up and do the macarena. He has been less than sympathetic :huh: :grumble: :cry: Sheesh ~ getting nutrition advise from someone who's 20 lbs. underweight and has to be reminded to eat! :noway: The season premire of Dancing With The Stars is on tonight so I'm hanging out on the couch with a nice hot cup of tea, my most disreputable albeit comfortable robe and my fur baby so I'll create my own comforting :wink:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i just shared a small fry with my son, it was the first time we have went to mcd's in about two months and my tummy hurts soo bad right now and i am totally not in the mood for my nice dinner I made i dont even feel hungry now, but need to eat my dinner to fill my calories.:sick: