Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you use Wii for any of your workouts?

I have Zumba, Country Line Dancing, and Just Dance 2. Do you know of a good way to estimate calories burned with these programs? Have you had success with the Wii? Thanks!

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    I use EA Active and have had great success.. I am not sure if I am burning the same calories as it says but my theory is it better then sitting on the couch doing nothing.. the just dance 2 I was sweating hard when it was done so I had to be doing something.. I want zumba u will have to tell me if u like it.. and yes i have had success cause i have lost so far 30 pounds.. with watching what I eat and working out with the wii..
  • lizzybeth1
    lizzybeth1 Posts: 12
    Ok I love my wii zumba! I sweat alot on that. If you go to zumba.com it will actually tell you how many calories you burn. Hope that helps:smile:
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    I really like the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    I have Wii Fit Plus and yes I do. When you go to your exercise, you can enter the Zumba as dance fast under cardio. I have nor done Just Dance so not sure. But if you are doing Wii Fit Plus they have all the options.
  • I used the wii fit plus to calculate it go to add fit credits and put it in as medium as the intensity (it was the closet to what my HRM said I burned.) It will ask you how many min you did and then tell you how many calories you burned.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I have zumba and ea active have not used the ea active in a while , just found it again (gotta love kids)
  • Awesome! Thanks :)
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    I really like the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout.

ME TOO!!!:))) I also have Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance, and Zumba (it's harder than the others). I feel like if I can't get to the gym or too tired to do my elliptical that at least I can burn some cals on the Wii. I sweat, so I know it must be working.
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Right now I just have Wii Sports and I really enjoy the Wii Boxing, it gives my arms a good workout. BUT, I'm looking for something more and I've seen a few topics mention Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. I've looked online at a few reviews and whatnot, but I can't really decide if it'll be worth it or not. Also, does anyone know if I'll be 100% required to buy that Balance Board thing if I get this game? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money...

Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks. :glasses:
  • I use wii for yoga and sometimes other fitness games.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    I have a biggest loser game that's fun, and gets your heart rate up. I like it a lot, but don't use it nearly enough. I saw that Wii Zumba is coming to Red Box this month, so I'll give it a try too!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    I use EA Sports Active 2, Wii Fit, and Just Dance 2. It's a nice way to get a variation in your workouts!
    As for calories burned, the EA Sport Active 2 has a heart rate monitor so it can tell you how many calories you burned. It's not 100% accurate (I have another HRM that is VERY accurate and wear both during the workouts. It's usually off by like 25-50 calories). As for the other 2 games.
    The only real way to see how many calories you are burning with each of the games is to get a HRM. Polar has several that are available for a decent price and they all work fantastically. :)
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    I got the ufc trainer for the wii. and jillian michaels 2011. good ****.
  • Hattie2879
    Do all these fitness games require the Wii Balance Board? I can't imagine it being THAT expensive, but if I don't have to buy it, I don't want to. :tongue:

I want to look into the Gold's Gym workout and maybe the UFC Trainer. :smile:
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    I was wondering about the Wii balance board too. I have one, but I can't get it to work...I think the kids did something to it :(
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    I just got the UFC Personal Trainer I can't wait to try it out. It does NOT require the balance board.
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    I just got done with. I selected the Build Endurance program went 30 mins burnt 270 calories. Lots of push ups and lunges but I really enjoyed it.
  • Hattie2879
    Good job! I should be getting my Gold's Gym Cardio in the mail on Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to try it! :smile:
  • Hattie2879
    Good job! I should be getting my Gold's Gym Cardio in the mail on Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to try it! :smile:
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    I use the Wii Fit and think they give a good estimate of kcal burned, actually sometimes they underestimate but you should just think of it as a guide.

My favourite workout using the Wii Fit is to do 5 mins warm up using the advance step and 30 mins free step using brought platforms and 2x 2kg hand weights (I know it repetitive but I prefer this to mixed), then finish with 5 mins cool down with the advance step again. I did it today and it said I burned 270kcal (I'm 238lbs) but with the extra height and weights I know it was more.

Also I just recently passed 40 hours on the wii fit plus and got the final time bank colour upgrade! I definitely think I've got more than my moneys worth with the Wii Fit. I'm just wished they had another step aerobic game out.