Food Kicks>>>>???

Options
spennato
spennato Posts: 360 Member
Over the past eight months I have gone through many different breakfast favorites, currently I am on a hard boiled egg and nutra-grain bar kick. Do you think a hard boiled egg every day is terribly bad?Any way besides that what is everyone's breakfast of choice because I am ready to start a new kick and looking for some ideas.....:smile:

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I hope not cause I eat one or two eggs everyday! I always have one or two pieces of fruit with it and a rice cake with some peanut butter. I love to scramble my egg with some onion and green pepper with babybel light swiss cheese it's sooo good, but I have been lazy lately and not cutting vegies. So it's just been fried eggs. They help keep me filled up and satisfied, so i love to have eggs for breakfast.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Protein is great for you...I eat eggs quite a bit. But, its not necessarily what you are eating , as it is more of what you aren't eating. Your body needs a variety of nutrients and sticking to the same things over and over will deprive your body of what it needs. I cringe when I see people eating the same things day in and day out...sure it hits a calorie goal but it can't be the most healthy thing to do. So enjoy being on a food kick for a short time because sometimes our bodies crave something it needs but for the most part..change it up a bit.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Protein is great for you...I eat eggs quite a bit. But, its not necessarily what you are eating , as it is more of what you aren't eating. Your body needs a variety of nutrients and sticking to the same things over and over will deprive your body of what it needs. I cringe when I see people eating the same things day in and day out...sure it hits a calorie goal but it can't be the most healthy thing to do. So enjoy being on a food kick for a short time because sometimes our bodies crave something it needs but for the most part..change it up a bit.

Let me edit to say that if you already eat a variety besides that 1 little ol' hard boiled egg..you are just fine..lol..should have added that first.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have eggs at least 4 times a week. I read an article recently that said having eggs is not bad on the cholesterol as was once thought. In addition, supposedly the eggs produces now have less cholesterol in them. I like them because I want protien in my breakfast and I don't eat yogurt. Frequently I have cereal with a hard boiled egg. I also like oatmeal & I usually have that with a couple of turkey sausages. When I want a splurge I have Trader Joe's breakfast burrito.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs too. I think i eat a lot of eggs. I'm not sure if that is such a bad thing. They have helped me shift to more protein. My favorite breakfast is a fried egg over easy atop a serving of cheese grits. So yummy. I have also been making fresh bread in the bresdmaker and using it for toast and peanut butter for breakfast. Home made bread is so good! It is so different than store bought bread. A bread maker is a beautiful thing.
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    my favorite for months has been quaker instant plain oatmeal (with a packet of sweetner), a peice of fruit, and sometimes a light yogurt..... I usually get my protein in later through the day.

Mornings are soo busy and this is convenient for me. :heart:
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is Kelloggs Protien Plus Cereal with skim milk and Yoplait Greek yogurt (The smaller ones). It covers my need for something crunchy and filling and something sweet too! I love my breakfast! I do vary though and sometimes make french toast. You can do it real low cal too. 1 egg, ( Add vanilla extract, cinammon, nutmeg and cloves),2 slices Schwebels lite (or any light bread). Soak and cook just like you would for french toast. Use frozen fruit that has been thawed to top it off because it will have a lot of juice to act as syrup. Or spluge and have some actual (But light or sugar free) of course :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I eat all sorts of different things in the morning, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, cereal bars, cheese, eggs. We raise chickens, so we always have 2 or 3 dozen eggs, at least one dozen boiled, so they're always at the ready. Love them, and they really are good for you.