Replies

• warphoenix
    warphoenix Posts: 47
    Options
    Weekend Bump!
  • lovelabs25
    lovelabs25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Light salad dressings are your friend. Marinate and grill or pour some in a crock pot with the chicken.

Or take some leftover grilled chicken and chop it up to make a chicken salad with celery, grapes or apples, curry powder, raisins, part light mayo, part greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Mmmmmm...
  • warphoenix
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I"ll try some of these out during the week!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    here's what I like to do:
    Take your chix breast and marinade in fresh lime juice for about 20 mins or so. Then take your chix and sprinkle some Tony Chachere cajun seasoning ( just a little) and also sprinkle with red pepper flakes and put in on the foreman grill, or any grill. DE-Licious!!!
  • warphoenix
    Options
    @Jalapenos wow that sounds awesome. Nice username and pic btw.. I love Jalapenos. Cherry Peppers are great too :D
  • codypedler
    codypedler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you should let any meat that is going to be cooked through(i.e. chicken pork) rest outside the fridge for 30-45 min. to let the chill come off a bit before cooking. you don't want it room temp, but if its straight from the fridge, the middle is going to take longer to cook through. causing the meat closer to the surface to dry out.

i like doing a jerk chicken, you can get jerk rubs anywhere, mix that with a bit of olive oil and a scotch bonnet pepper, marinate for about an hour, chicken doesn't need to marinate for long, and grill.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    @Jalapenos wow that sounds awesome. Nice username and pic btw.. I love Jalapenos. Cherry Peppers are great too :D

it's soooo easy to make. I make it for the family with just the lime and of course I make one for me with the hotness. I just love spicy food, the spicer the better~~