trying to lose last 10 pounds

Options
jvv2a
jvv2a Posts: 2 Member
As proud as I was when I lost 60 pounds, weighing 140 pounds is so close to my original goal of 130. It's seems to hard to lose those last 10 pounds and I'm hoping that myfitnesspal will help me achieve my goal and keep up with my calorie intake. Any advice? Be happy to add you. Motivation please! :D

Replies

• hannahbaby417
    Options
    I think that's pretty close to trying to only lose 10-21 pounds...those are really hard to lose. I'll friend you : ) You've done so well so far, I'm sure you'll be able to get the rest off.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :smile: No advice, really, I am still trying to lose the last 5 pounds. I had set 145 as my Goal Weight, which I reached last October. 2 months ago I decided that I would feel better at 140. I am STILL at 145--147.
    :drinker: Hang In There!! I KNOW we can do this!!!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm with you. I've been trying to lose 10-15 pounds for a while.
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    I understand. I've been trying to loose my last 5 for about 2 weeks. All after 35 came off in under 3 months.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ditto, still working on those last 10 pounds! They can run but they can't hide :angry:
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    8 lbs from my goal after losing over 90 lbs,

I'm in the midst of a 10 day plateau here, grrr!

Hang with it, we'll get there.

We've come too far to stop now!
  • matt_wysor
    matt_wysor Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it, just gotta shake things up! Do some different exercises! You CAN do it though!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great advise, I started insanity on Tuesday, just picking the Upper Body weight lifting one to try and jump start things here again.

Holy crap am I sore today, going from strictly light to medium cardio to Insanity is eye opening for sure, I think I'm going to love it.
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm with u trying to lose 10 but just restarted after 6 month break. My dr says lots of cardio she doesnt want me to lift weights right now no more bulk . well see if it works.
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your a fan of jillian michaels or not, but she talks about how the last ten pounds - she calls them vanity pounds - it totally different than trying to lose 80lbs.

If you listen to her podcasts, she mentions it now and then - but she has a specific strategy for it -maybe google it, I dont know.

Congratulations on your successes so far!!!!! And good luck!!