My daily summary ..HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    lol.. so if say the calories I'm suppose to eat according to MFP says 1000 for the day and I burn off 1500...I'm suppose to eat 2500 for the day??? now back in the day, eating some cake, twinkies and stuff could get me there but I don't know about now... I'm full as it is withe the 1100 i ate today! Oh geez! this is going to be a loooong journey!:sad:
    Maybe you can consider not doing 1400 calories worth of exercise if eating that many calories is too tough for you to do. Try dropping down to 500 calories of exercise. Then you wont have to eat back so many calories to get to your daily goal. It almost seems kind of excessive really.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    lol.. so if say the calories I'm suppose to eat according to MFP says 1000 for the day and I burn off 1500...I'm suppose to eat 2500 for the day??? now back in the day, eating some cake, twinkies and stuff could get me there but I don't know about now... I'm full as it is withe the 1100 i ate today! Oh geez! this is going to be a loooong journey!:sad:
    Maybe you can consider not doing 1400 calories worth of exercise if eating that many calories is too tough for you to do. Try dropping down to 500 calories of exercise. Then you wont have to eat back so many calories to get to your daily goal. It almost seems kind of excessive really.

Definitely this. I exercise about 200 calories worth a day because I know I can't eat back much more than that. A personal heart rate monitor (HRM) can help you count your calories burned accurately.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Careful about trusting the number of calories that MFP says you burned. It way over-estimates your burn. A lot of people don't eat back all of their exercise calories for that reason.

Good luck
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Careful about trusting the number of calories that MFP says you burned. It way over-estimates your burn. A lot of people don't eat back all of their exercise calories for that reason.

Good luck

I agree. I would definitely get a Heart Rate Monitor with calorie counting so you can know if you are really burning that many!
  • Sherni
    Sherni Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, everybody!
    I was very puzzled about this "Your Daily Summary" table...
    Now, I think, I know what my problem was.
    MFP already calculates what my body burns on its own into my daily target and I was entering my calories burned (exercise column) based on my Bodubugg's data, which already includes body cal burning + exercise altogether.
    Conclusion: I won't be looking at the "Calories remaining" figure from now on, will just compare "Goal" and "Food" columns and will be watching my net calories burned value daily :)
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Example:

1100 CALORIES REMAINING
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1200 2200 - 2100 100

Food (2200) minus Exercise (2100) = Net Calories (100) left over to meet daily Goal (1200)

Thus daily Goal (1200) minus Net Calories (100) = Calories Remaining (1100) to be eaten for the day and still hit daily Goal (1200)

2200 - 2100 = 100
    1200 - 100 = 1100