The first to say you've lost weight are always the first to

Options
...ask if youve gained it. Why is that? Are they so obsessed by what weight I am gaining or losing that they are constantly asking and comparing? Family is the worst at this!

Replies

• allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    they are-i live with my parents and my mom is the first to pry! and it makes me soo angry like this week i've had a bad week and she just asked me tonight oh how much weight have you lost this week i just simply said i haven't weighed myself this week, but then she gets pissed at me if i don't answer or act snotty--agh! i agree with this!
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My mom means well but she is always the first to say something. she's never hungry and always skinny. I try to be get upset by it. I'm doing my best.
  • kalea_kane
    kalea_kane Posts: 37
    Options
    What I keep getting is "Oh you don't need to lose weight you look great the way you are." Or when I tell them I have 15 more pounds that I want to lose, they say "Don't you think you've lost enough?" Ummmm no I don't. I created a reasonable goal. I am just trying to lose the abnormal amount of weight I gained when I became hypothyroid. Thankfully my family lives hours away so they aren't giving me any input other than they are happy for me. I get it from others.
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Gah who knows. People dont seem to notice I have lost weight but they sure like to let me know I have put it on.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Yeah, family comments can cut way deeper than any one else's. When I was about 10 or so years old, my dad, who I didn't see very often, said it was good that I thinned out a little because I "looked like a barrel before". :noway:
  • Carly666666
    Options
    What I keep getting is "Oh you don't need to lose weight you look great the way you are." Or when I tell them I have 15 more pounds that I want to lose, they say "Don't you think you've lost enough?" Ummmm no I don't. I created a reasonable goal. I am just trying to lose the abnormal amount of weight I gained when I became hypothyroid. Thankfully my family lives hours away so they aren't giving me any input other than they are happy for me. I get it from others.

This is my biggest problem. I am 21 years old and when I say "I need to lose 16 kilos to be healthy" people say "Oh my god what's wrong with you? You are fine the way you are". I know they are trying to be nice but it's total crap especially when it's my doctor that has told me I need to lose this weight to be in a normal range for my age and height. I feel like saying leave me alone and let me do what I have to but don't want to be mean :grumble:
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest problem. I am 21 years old and when I say "I need to lose 16 kilos to be healthy" people say "Oh my god what's wrong with you? You are fine the way you are". I know they are trying to be nice but it's total crap especially when it's my doctor that has told me I need to lose this weight to be in a normal range for my age and height. I feel like saying leave me alone and let me do what I have to but don't want to be mean :grumble:

Yeah Carly I agree with you totally!, lol and it was'nt until I got really sick and lost 14 kg in 3 months that I had my whole workplace worrying about me telling me I was too skinny and I needed to seek help! When the majority are thinner than me anyway even when they are pregnant lol!! I started to just tell them the inner gross details of my illness and they soon left me in peace.

Thanks for Commenting everyone, I am not alone,

Cheers Karlee
    NZ