Hamburger Helper with Turkey instead of Beef

Options
I've looked through the Betty Crocker website and did a quick search online, but I can't find something that will give me the Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Helper if you use ground turkey instead of the ground beef. Anyone have any suggestions where I can find this? Thanks!

Replies

• GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I've looked through the Betty Crocker website and did a quick search online, but I can't find something that will give me the Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Helper if you use ground turkey instead of the ground beef. Anyone have any suggestions where I can find this? Thanks!
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    I don't eat hamburger helper ... but is there a "dry" versus a "as prepared" caloric count? You could calculate the calories for the mix and the things that you add to the mix (including the turkey). Then calculate a total calories and divide by the number of servings.

More work ... but it would be more accurate.
  • susan62
    Options
    Info for ground turkey:

Calorie Information
    Amounts Per Selected Serving %
    DV Calories 193(808 kJ) 10%
    From Carbohydrate 0.0(0.0 kJ)

Total Carbohydrate 0.0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
    Starch 0.0g
    Sugars 0.0g

Total Fat 10.8g 17%
    Saturated Fat 2.8g 14%
    Monounsaturated Fat 4.0g
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Thanks! This is all very helpful .... i figured I would have to do it all out the long way... but maybe that will encourage me not to eat it too often!:smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is all very helpful .... i figured I would have to do it all out the long way... but maybe that will encourage me not to eat it too often!:smile:

try this when you have the time

dream fields pasta or whole wheat double fiber pasta
    ground turkey or ground soy veggie crumbles
    cheese sauce mixed with some butter, sour cream and lite creamer.

It's the same and it is better for you and taste better too.......
  • 2Across
    Options
    I find the extra lean beef I get has less calories than the ground turkey, so I've never stopped using beef for hamburger helper. I do have to make sure I really watch the portion sizes though.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they sell it where you are, but we buy Jenny-O Extra Lean or Butterball Extra Lean ground turkey. I use it a lot to make meatballs or in spaghetti sauce. It's very good.

Jenny-O

Nutrition (per serving)

Serving Size 112 g
    Total Carbohydrates 0 g
    Calories 120
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Calories From Fat 15
    Sugars 0 g
    Total Fat 1.5 g
    Protein 26 g
    Saturated Fat .5 g
    Vitamin A 0 %
    Trans Fat .0 g
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Cholesterol 55 mg
    Iron 4 %
    Sodium 70 mg
    Calcium 0 %

Butterball

Serving Size: 4 oz
    Calories 110
    Calories from Fat 10

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 60mg 20%
    Sodium 220mg 9%
    Potassium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Protein 25g 50%
    Iron 2%
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Thanks - I will try that elliott062907, sounds good.

ErinRNinMaine - I do have the Jennie-O, and I use it all the time! :) nice to see someone else who likes it. Have you tried the burger patties? The seasoned ones are really good, and they satisfy the urge for a burger without all the grease.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I will try that elliott062907, sounds good.

ErinRNinMaine - I do have the Jennie-O, and I use it all the time! :) nice to see someone else who likes it. Have you tried the burger patties? The seasoned ones are really good, and they satisfy the urge for a burger without all the grease.

No, haven't tried the patties...the damn turkey's expensive enough so I just usually make my own meatballs to stretch it out! But I have gotten the seasoned ground meat before and it IS really good!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    The price really can get you can't it? I'll never forget when I first decided to try it.... I almost laughed out loud! Now I try to buy the bigger packages, and divide it up. Even saving 20 cents a pound helps!
  • rolanda
    Options
    So is this good for you? how can i save this message board topic to my favorites..im new to this site hahah
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Under the "Community Tab" there is a "My topics" options - the last 25 topics you post under will show up there!