Belly Fat War!

Options
Ok..so I am seeing the scale move.. I see my tummy just under my ribs changing..but under the belly button.. Oh MAN! Still sticking out!

I always hear about the stubborn belly fat..and now I am one of them! Is there REALLY a special diet..or foods to eat..or exercise that I need to be doing JUST for That??

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It does suck!! As far as I know there is nothing you can really do as far as targeting a certain body part for weight loss... there is no spot reduction.. but if you find something that works, let me know!! LOL
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I read on Dr. Oz's website that Vitamin C helps with belly fat. And of course eliminating simple sugars and white foods helps.

But I think the best way to REALLY affect it would be exercise. Leg raises are great. (Lay with your back on the mat. Hands under you hips make it easier, for a harder move hold small weights in straight arms over your chest.) Point your toes to the cealing the drop your legs 2 inches from the floor. Raise them back up, then back down to two inches, ect. The movement should be done in a good pace, not very fast. Also, I dont know what its called but its on the 30 day shred. I think its a doulbe crunch? laying on your back you bend your knees at 90%. And instead of just moving your shoulders up for the crunch, you pull your knees in also. THis should be done also kinda slow and while making sure that you aren't rocking into the move, really concentrate on using your abs. Give it at least 10 reps then you'll start to feel it!~!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You know what, I am really bad a describing exercise moves, lol.... so the best thing to do would be to get 30 Day shred! I got like 30 days abs from it. !~!~! (almost!~!)
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. My waist has shrunk a bit. But it's on the stinking top. right at the belly button is my problem. I've been working my butt off exercising for 2 months and I don' t think that has changed one bit. It's so frustrating. I'm down a pants size but it's still there. grrrr.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Me too...I feel like you'll be able to count my ribs before I'll have a flat stomach. Almost all the weight is in the lower part under the belly button...its annoying.
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i dont really think so..

but i often hear carbs and stress contribute to holding onto fat in the belly area.