I think

Options
If I just drink my cals and protein throughout the day and have a good dinner then I will get all my cals and protein for the day. Reason being is I'm just not very hungry during the day and my job is very crazy as far as time goes. I mean, when im on the road working I find it hard to eat so maybe just drink a protein shake then eat dinner. who knows.... please help...

Replies

• masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If I just drink my cals and protein throughout the day and have a good dinner then I will get all my cals and protein for the day. Reason being is I'm just not very hungry during the day and my job is very crazy as far as time goes. I mean, when im on the road working I find it hard to eat so maybe just drink a protein shake then eat dinner. who knows.... please help...
  • jbuehrer
    Options
    I drink a chocolate protein shake from Shaklee (http://www.shaklee.com/20341.html) for breakfast and lunch. Then a decent sized dinner with Vitamins.
    (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants anti-aging phytonutrients, omega-3 fatty acids and probiotics)

That's how I do it. My Doctor says it has done my body some good.

So It can't be bad.... as long as I have my daily vitamins
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I did the protein shakes for a while and I added to my cal log and I gained weight. But now I have ordered a juicer and I will be making my own organic fruit and veggie shakes for better weight loss.

Some of the protein shakes?? I can't get past the smell and they give me heart burn.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just check the nutrition labels carefully for hidden bugaboos like sodium. :noway: It never fails to bumfuzzle me that my husband's cardiologist advised him to drink a few cans of Slimfast a day......to GAIN weight. ^shrug^ stuff like that just gives me more fodder for my periodic rants on how the food industry is not always above-board. Drink a diet product to gain weight? Sure, why not? :wink:
  • jbuehrer
    Options
    Just check the nutrition labels carefully for hidden bugaboos like sodium. :noway: It never fails to bumfuzzle me that my husband's cardiologist advised him to drink a few cans of Slimfast a day......to GAIN weight. ^shrug^ stuff like that just gives me more fodder for my periodic rants on how the food industry is not always above-board. Drink a diet product to gain weight? Sure, why not? :wink:

I agree! check the labels! There is some interesting things in those protein shakes. Make sure you get the right one for you.
  • masonmst
    Options
    thanks guys, I bought some of the eas carb control protein drinks to try, mybe they'll be ok.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Just make sure to read the label. Some have the nutritional value of the powder only, not mixed. And also if you mix it with milk you need to make sure you add in the milks nutritional value.
  • masonmst
    Options
    anna, thanks for the headsup, i'll def look close. thanks