Exercise calories

Options
Should I eat my exercise calories ?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    do what you want.

there are no rules that states you must do this or not.

its all about how you feel during the day..if you want to eat them do..if you feel full and satisfied...then dont stuff yourself
  • nouh220200
    nouh220200 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Will it help losing weigh faster if I do not ?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Do what works for YOU.

Personally, I eat them back (or very close to all of them). My body gets grumpy when I don't. If you aren't losing weight and aren't eating them back - try eating them back for a couple weeks and see what happens. If you are eating them back and not losing - try not eating them back.

I've learned that in this journey you have to have the courage to mess around with stuff when you find something isn't working. Eventually, you'll hit on something your body likes and away you'll go again.

I feel like I'm always chasing the new thing my body wants me to do. lol.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Do what works for YOU.

Personally, I eat them back (or very close to all of them). My body gets grumpy when I don't. If you aren't losing weight and aren't eating them back - try eating them back for a couple weeks and see what happens. If you are eating them back and not losing - try not eating them back.

I've learned that in this journey you have to have the courage to mess around with stuff when you find something isn't working. Eventually, you'll hit on something your body likes and away you'll go again.

• Pcramer2
    Pcramer2 Posts: 16
    Options
    I always try to make sure that I have at least a 500 to 700 cal deficit at the end of the day, sometimes that means I can use my exercise calories and other times not depending on how much I have done that day. No hard and fast rules.

A 3500 calorie deficit (500 x7) at the end of the week is one pound lost!!!
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    I always try to make sure that I have at least a 500 to 700 cal deficit at the end of the day, sometimes that means I can use my exercise calories and other times not depending on how much I have done that day. No hard and fast rules.

A 3500 calorie deficit (500 x7) at the end of the week is one pound lost!!!

Dont forget that MFP already figures in a deficit of 500 cal if you have your goal set to lose 1 lb per week. I try not to go more than a total deficit of 1000 cal per day on a regular basis (occasionally going over or under is a good thing to keep your body guessing) You need to fuel your body if you want it to work for you.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Do what works for YOU.

Very well said - I agree completely!

This too! Just because something works for a month, it doesn't mean it's necessarily going to still work two months down the line. I firmly believe that to be successful in this, we have to understand our body's needs and wants...and its peculiarities!

Good luck with your journey, Nouh!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Like most say..listen to your body..I definitely eat at least 1300 now not saying that on some days I dont get as closed to all my calories because I can say for the most part I eat all but 300-400 calories...In my minda I am going to eat them because eating under 1200 is really not healthy for the body..I average getting at least 700+ from exercising...So it depends on you..I asked a trainer at my gym and he said you should eat them back...Hope that helps..